1965 Quarter Question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Martin Torres, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Martin Torres

Martin Torres New Member

Hi all. I am not a collector but I have a question about a quarter I found today and don't know who to ask. I am rebuilding a 1958 Ford pickup that was sitting since 1969. In the process of taking the heater box apart, a 1965 quarter fell out. I thought that was cool since I was born in 1965 so I posted a picture of it on a Ford Truck Club Facebook page I am a member of. Right away a couple members said it looked like it was silver. Another said it might be something to look into based on some internet posts about 1965 quarters. So here I am.

Basically the color is a lot lighter that other quarters I have. The oldest quarter I could find is 1982 for comparison. I don't have a scale to weigh it so I thought I would post some pictures and see if you think I should have it looked at. Otherwise it will be a cool keepsake. Here are the pictures.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Still has a copper core. Looks like it has been exposed to a weak acid that gave it the pinkish color, rather than the orange normally seen for copper. Just a circulated clad quarter worth 25 cents.

4. Martin Torres

Martin Torres New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted