1965 Quarter 2 With Possible Error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Layo6, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Layo6

Layo6 Member

Here is another quarter I found that was very interested. Washington looks like he has a helmet head. I'm interested in learning what everyone thinks. 1965 Quarter 2 Back Pic1.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Back Pic2.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Back Pic3.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Back Pic4.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Front Pic 2.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Front Pic 3.JPG 1965 Quarter 2 Front.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

hmm... rim seems bent too... also if you look closely, it looks like the middle of the obverse is bent in slightly. could be a result of wear and tear but I doubt it. Thoughts?

4. Layo6

Layo6 Member

I am really curious with Washington's face and helmet head. Just looks really odd:nailbiting:

5. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

it is... i like coins that are thinkers

Layo6 likes this.
  6. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Struck outside the collar possibly? The UNI on the reverse looks odd as well, so does the underside of the eagles wing on the left... This is just a (slightly) educated guess though... Well wait and see what the experts have to say, could be PMD. Neat coin either way

Layo6 likes this.
  7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

It looks to me like at least most of it is PMD.

Brina, Clawcoins and Layo6 like this.
  8. Layo6

Layo6 Member

I am glad this Washington isn't on every quarter. This Washington has a weird look to him.

Brina likes this.
  9. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

IMO, your coin is severely damaged. It looks like it was jamed in a coin counter (the crescent shape dig into the field) and the edge pushed up. The flat spot on the reverse probably resulted when the obverse was damaged.

Keep hunting and good luck.

enamel7 and Stevearino like this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Either a helmet or a wig he needs to take back for a refund...

Stevearino likes this.
  11. Licine

Licine New Member

This quarter the A is closed in America. There is also no meant mark
    I see other stuff but it could be wishful thinking . I was wondering how i could get an experts advice om it .

Attached Files:

12. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

you'll want to start your own thread, because everyone will be looking at the first post and then replying to the first post. Not a *new* question 10 posts later.

Looks just like regular circulation wear and tear .. there's 2 "A"s in America and your photos are fuzzy. Go to a well lit room and try take the pictures again so they are not blurry. Don't get too close as most cameras can't focus closely. Also crop the images so they take up the entire image.

Unsure of what the front (obverse) looks like though you'll want to post that in your new thread.

Stevearino likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Ole George needs a helmet. That coin is damaged.

Brina likes this.
  14. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

that original post is from 2-1/2 years ago.
    post #10 is newbie posting in the end of a thread .... told 'em to start their own thread otherwise someone is going to respond to post #1. LOL

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I always miss those old posts.

16. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

Looks like it was sandblasted.

JoeFromMass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted