1965 no mint & 1982 D Washington quarters

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by TraceIzKong616, Mar 19, 2018.

1. TraceIzKong616

TraceIzKong616 New Member

Hello 15215099270471826684290.jpg 15215101630201211465216.jpg everybody. Name's TRACE, new to CoinTalk.
    Answers Needed.

1965 Washington Quarter

On This 1/4 Liberty and 1965 are clearly one with the outline trim.
    The back: United is also part of the outer trim as well as Dollar on the bottom.

1982 D Washington Quarter
    The LIB in liberty are on the very edge. 1982 is directly on top (touching)the outer trim. And the outer trim line doesn't exist on a 3rd of the top left of the coin.

My questions are, are these coins special or valuable? If so, what step comes next for selling. Thanx

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

Only worth face value.

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Short answer: no.

There is still lots to learn from them if you choose, and therein lies their value.

Well, that and the face value of 25 Cents each. So selling them is easy. Most any bank will buy each of them for 2 dimes and a nickel each.

5. TraceIzKong616

TraceIzKong616 New Member

6. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Welcome to Coin Talk ,I am also fairly new to this forum . Please continue to look for special items , and send in your questions . The members here are terrific and do not mind helping a person out . Do not take anything personal , and be prepared to take a joke . It is all in fun but the great thing is you will get the straight truth and that's the good part.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

When the die is overused, and many are, the metal starts to spread under the repetition of pressure and the letters migrate outward. I have seen several more severe where part of the letter disappears. Even though it occurs in the mint, it is die deterioration and no enhanced value. Jim

8. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

You are thinking of halves, not quarters. 1965 quarters are clad, no silver. 1964 was last year of silver quarters.

Dillan likes this.
  9. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Thanks for the correction ,yes it was haves that I was thinking about . and you are correct the 64 was the last silver regular issue quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted