1965 Mexican 20 centavo

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Rollbama13, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

HPIM3081.JPG HPIM3082.JPG

can anyone give me a value? paid a quarter, hope i didnt get jipped!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

You did alright. I've seen them for a buck or so at the coin show.

4. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

i'd say you did just fine. one of the local shops here sells them for 25¢ too.

5. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

good deal. Thanks for ya'lls input. I know if it isnt very old, mexican currency isnt worth very much.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

The current digital version of Coin World - World Coins magazine: Mexican Coin Values Price Guide shows the following values for your coin:

Fine 0.10¢
    VF 0.20¢
    EF 0.25¢
    UNC $1.00
    BU $1.25

7. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

If you got gypped, how much could you lose ? 5c maybe ? I don't think you can get hurt too badly on a 25c coin. I mean, if you wanted it, it was worth a quarter, right ? I mean this whole enterprise is all about trading a bunch of new money for just a little old money. That's what we do. The amounts vary of course, but we are all hoping the old money we buy will fetch more new money in the future than we paid. At least I do. lol

gary

8. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

Im like Nick Saban, I dont like to lose at anything, plus 5c is 5c twords another coin. My general rule- I only buy coins under $3. Sounds stupid, but since im a rookie if I do get taken, I dont lose much.

****By the way what should be the price for a AG-G Barber quarter? I was talking to a dealer and it was a 1907 and in about AG cond (My Grading is bad) He wanted $5. Didnt know if he was trying to make a fool out me or should I have grabbed it?

Thanks and Roll Tide -Beat them VOLS!-

9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

It's kinda like playing 5c slots. Small risk generally equates to small returns, but if you hit, the score is well worth it.

Spent a night in Athens, once. But that's a whole other story. lol

Draft saved Draft deleted