1965 Great Britain 1 crown

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by SensibleSal66, Jan 7, 2021.

1. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey . I want to Thank @lordmarcovan for the Winston Churchill Commemorative Coin ! It arrived tonight and it's a Fantastic Coin to say the least . It's diameter is 38.2 mm and a Whopping 28.28 g !! Thanks Again !:)
    IMG_20210107_162435836_HDR.jpg IMG_20210107_161757223_HDR (1).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Thanks for posting that, Sal. I didn’t have any pix of the printed flip inserts (just made those up when I gave one of those coins to every one of my hotel coworkers for Christmas).

Hey, @Randy Abercrombie - see, that’s one of the flip inserts I mentioned. I can send you some for the coins you got, since I shipped yours before I created those inserts.

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I like those!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

PS- hey, Sal- those are some pretty good photos. Did you just up your game, your equipment, or both?

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. SensibleSal66

Cell phone with Loupe in front of . Thanks . :)

Kentucky and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Those are some nice inserts you made, @lordmarcovan. I'm guessing you made them using Microsoft Word? Anyway, here's one of the information inserts that I've made for my own collection. If you'd like @Randy Abercrombie I can send you the instructions I used to make these.

B. Trotter Coin info inserts_000130.jpg

8. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Is that the same Queen today? She sure looks so different then. Very pretty.

9. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Same queen... I kinda want to quote Yoda on this one... "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not..." ;)

JeffC likes this.
  10. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

From what Numista reports about that coin, it is also has the value of 25 pence after the decimalized pound. "This coin was not included in demonetization legislation when decimalization was introduced in 1971. It has been confirmed by the Royal Mint that the coin remains legal tender, having been remonetized with a value of 25 pence." https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6898.html

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Did you steal me idea :)

12. SensibleSal66

Nope. got it from the internet , :p

13. lordmarcovan

Indeed. I use MS Word, create a table with 1.6" by 1.6" cells, type in the info, print out on card stock (since regular paper is too flimsy to slip into a flip pocket without buckling up), then cut the squares out along the lines surrounding the cells.

Edit: I use the 1.6" x 1.6" dimensions for regular 2" x 2" flips. This particular coin that Sal posted- these crowns- got bigger inserts, since they are in bigger 2.5" x 2.5" crown-sized flips. Which does allow more room to type data into. In this case I merely copy-pasted the stats from Numista, for simplicity's sake.

@Bradley Trotter - your flip insert looks eerily like a lot of mine, since I often use the Times New Roman font as well, as seen above.

Yes, she was crowned in February of 1952, and today, at 94 years old, is the longest-reigning British monarch in history, and one of the longest-reigning from any country, ever. In 1965 they were still using her young head on the coinage, and yes, she was a pretty lady when young.

Here's an equestrian portrait on another British copper-nickel crown.

[​IMG]

And the "Old Head" portrait from nowadays:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DEA, Chris B, JeffC and 1 other person like this.
  14. SensibleSal66

Love the Leopard Coin . That's unique and amazing to say the least . :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I really like these 3 designs.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Here's mine:

20210109_174551.jpg 20210109_174540.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted