1965 dime error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bobby Ramirez, May 19, 2017.

1. Bobby Ramirez

Bobby Ramirez Family man

IMG_20170518_093008.jpg s this an error or is it just damage

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

4. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I agree with PMD - Post Mint Damage
    The date took a hit

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

What makes you think it could possibly be an error?

Chris

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

PSD Post Strike Damage

8. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I believe the "new member" is referring to the damage at the date area, as a possible error.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Just for fun, okay? Both for you AND the OP. What in the minting process could have caused that?

10. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Never stated it was, or could be.

11. Bobby Ramirez

Bobby Ramirez Family man

Because of how the initials has that line that connects to the one plus look at it in a different angle IMG_20170519_091509.jpg at first that one look like the 5 at the end so it kinda threw me off

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I know what the new member is referring to, but I want him to explain how it could possibly be a Mint error. Part of the learning process is requiring people to think for themselves.

Chris

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

And with your help Chris you'll tell them exactly what they should be thinking.
    In reality none of us can say to the op exactly what happened to this coin because none of us was there when it happened. We can only guesstimate what occurred to the date.
    Many many things could happen to cause this.
    I like to think one of the mint employees at the end of a run. While putting dies back into their trays. The one employee may have dropped the die that hit this die on the date in the Rack of dies. Thus it would not be a PMD because it happened At the mint under the mint supervision.
    Like I said there's many possibilities to this Anomaly we can only guesstimate. USMC60 Cut-Coned-and-Polished-Die-Blanks-at-Philadelphia-Mint-510x340.jpg Anything is possible

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Drop a die and hit another on the date creates a dent in the die which would be a raised mark on the finished coin, the OP coin shows depressions.

Draft saved Draft deleted