1965-1998 Clad Quarters Share us your collection and why

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Robert91791, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

It took me about 4 weeks to gather the last several dollars in pre98 quarters to fill up another jar. It seems like the quarters were avoiding me.

I use these jelly jars for my pre98s as it hold exactly $50.

Time for a new jar to be filled.

My post98 quarters go in larger containers.
    E59AE666-7F6B-4627-A10C-2A7FBE5CAEC7.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Robert91791 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

The ones that I get now are mostly G to VG. Im not seeing a lot of F to XF. I have been buying from Davescollectibles some BU rolls

4. Clawcoins

I think people are hoarding the washington quarters and preventing them from getting to us !!
    lol

5. KarlB

KarlB Active Member

I fully understand the frustration of completing a collection, and not being able to because of the expense. I had stopped collecting back in the early 2000's because of that exact reason.

2012 or so, we were friends with an elderly lady, and she collected the State Quarters. So, working with her, and the idea of putting together something out of circulation got me going again.

Something you might like to put together is a collection of beat up/cull/extremely worn coins--we have start and stop dates. As I come across an 'ugly' clad quarter, I can down grade; really fun because it is all so obtainable out of circulation. I can see two collections (or more) put together by category: worn, PM damage, corrosion from a fountain, etc...

Of course this doesn't have to be limited to the first quarter clads, there is another stop and start date set still in circulation, the State Quarters, and they are getting older and older by the second; and we are almost at the end of the current America the Beautiful Quarter collection.

A complete collection out of circulation, something our ancestors could do--WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK...

Have fun, Robert.

Robert91791 likes this.
  6. Clawcoins

I don't have a "collection".
    I just hoard change and separate some in general categories, such as:
    • ammo boxes full of nickels and dimes (no separation)
    • pre98 and post98 quarters
    • cents separated by decade
    • Half Dollars
    • Presidential Dollars
    I don't search them for errors, or use in a album, or anything.
    I just hoard them for no particular reason.

PlanoSteve and Robert91791 like this.
  7. Robert91791

I have only one collection of state quarter set that I bought and that is all. The rest, I also hoard Washington and ATB quarters from the Mint only because this is the only way to get them 100% uncirculated.

8. KarlB

KarlB Active Member

My Washington Quarter Cull collection as of today, put together from bank rolls 7 - 8 years ago. Ever once in awhile I get something out of change... Cull Quarters 3.jpg Cull Quarters 4.jpg

I may have posted these pics a few years ago, if so I apologize for the oversight.

Attached Files:

SlipperySocks and Robert91791 like this.
  9. Clawcoins

I bought a complete state and territory quarter set too for my kids a few years ago, but they were interested. It's somewhere ...

10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Or a buzzard - big body, small head ;)

11. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

12. Robert91791

154484370930225237794.jpg

Got another roll of 1980D BU from Daves Collectible.

Edited: All pass for BU.

Inventory:

Uncirculated: 120
    Circulated: 4,395
    Total: 4,515 quarters
    Goal: 6,000

Happy collecting and Merry Christmas

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  13. Robert91791

I have really come to a conclusion and have learned to only buy what provides value. I can afford to pay several thousands for a coin but I don't see that as a value buy regardless of rarities. I have learned to walk away from it and also only focus myself to my preference that show good value.

14. Robert91791

15453672173531713273109.jpg

Roll of 1978P BU.

Edited: All inspected and passed BU grade.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  15. WashQuartJesse

WashQuartJesse Member Supporter

Merry Christmas Robert. I know you are disciplined when it comes to your value minded approach but none of us will hold it against you if you ever decide to splurge! Maybe an excellent example of an MS64 32-D trending around $1300?

Those clad rolls are impressive. When you’ve dealt with Washington’s as you and I have, you can almost feel the underappreciated value in your hand.

Robert91791 likes this.
  16. Robert91791

Im sure I would rather buy stocks(WDC) with that money.

Merry Christmas

17. Clawcoins

Robert,
    have you seen these machines. This one was FULL of pre98 eagle quarters. I was going to play it until I read on it that it give out Tickets !! and not the quarters for winning.

I just wanted to stand there and shake the machine !! TILT, TILT, TILT
    IMG_2552.JPG

Robert91791 likes this.
  18. Robert91791

I'm sure you can ask the manager for some change. LOL.

19. Clawcoins

the quarter dispensing machines were 50% eagle quarters. I took $5 worth home.

Robert91791 likes this.
  20. Robert91791

A month ago, I went to Shakeys and ask the girl in the game room to trade me some Washington Quarters worth $50 and I gave her a $2 tip. My collection is just getting bigger and bigger. Lately, I have been buying BU Roll coins from Daves Collectibles and will buy more.

21. Robert91791

1547519515029-692542316.jpg

Two rolls of P & D BU from Mint sets.

Draft saved Draft deleted