1965-1998 Clad Quarters Share us your collection and why

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Robert91791, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

1536892687476852284.jpg

Somebody traded $264 of quarters. This will push me closer to my goal. Now the pain is going thru and sorting them.

Happy collecting folks.

Clawcoins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

The Bank of Robert ...

4. Robert91791

Looks like I gained 1,056 coins. This will keep me busy for a while. Stopped by my sister shop and gained another 36 quarters. All have to be inspected and sorted. Next I will focus on Morgans and Peace dollars.

5. Coin Captain 1967

Coin Captain 1967 New Member

Ever come across Canadian quarters when you go coin roll hunting? 153702429439626649.jpeg

Robert91791 likes this.
  6. Robert91791

Unfortunately nope. The rolls that I got lately is from a former coin horder. I dont do roll hunting. Just came from the donut shop and the lady from there saved me $15 worth of washington quarters. I'm currently swamp with quarters. I will focus my effort Morgans, peace, Eisenhower and maybe even gold coins.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  7. Robert91791

1537069007887-981863050.jpg
    15370691610591671067503.jpg

1969 D AU from the $15 pile. Lucky me

Edited: Bad picture

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  8. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

A very wise move as the washington quarter series as been in place at least if not longer than the old nickels have. Plus these 2 denominations have the most durable features that don't wear much at all of the entire USA coinage history. I too save every one I find daily in pocket change, and feel certain they will increase in value almost like Bitcoin in your children's lifetime.Good Work

Robert91791 likes this.
  9. Clawcoins

I get Canadian quarters, nickels, dimes and cents in change from time to time. I'm not far from the Canadian border and a quarter is just treated as a quarter (no exchange rate for coins, but can't use Canadian Dollars). Canadians normally come here to our stores for weekend buying frenzies to save money.

Inspector43 and Robert91791 like this.
  10. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Oh yes everyday or two in Tx. My favorite change was a Roman bronze 350-361 AD Constans follis, 3rd son of Constance the Great, and inherited half of his fathers holding almost 1/3 of the european and far east with the Mint that created this old coin in Turkey

Robert91791 likes this.
  11. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

There is one copper Canadian coin that is almost the same size and weight of the Lincoln cent

Robert91791 likes this.
  12. Clawcoins

You mean the Canadian cent?
    which they stopped making a few years ago. I still get those in change too.

The Canadian coins are the same size as US coins.

Robert91791 likes this.
  13. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Your are correct sir as I looking at a 1957 Canadian Mint set as we speak.....

14. Clawcoins

I really like the Beaver nickel and Sailboat dime designs.

I think it was the cent that had a flying seagull or something on it at one time.

here's a good website to peruse.
    https://www.colonialacres.com/Canadian-Decimal-s/354.htm

ahh .. 1967 cent
    [​IMG]

Robert91791 likes this.
  15. Robert91791

Their metal composition hasnt change because the design pretty much stayed same. Look at the newer quarters, some are already missing their letters.

16. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

yes but compared to the Liberty V Nickels only circulated for a few dozen years and 99% of them are "faceless" yet PCGS still grades them with no faces. 1st was the them, then the buffaloes lasted for 25 years then Jeffersons I find today are practically intact after an 80 year run...

Robert91791 likes this.
  17. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Jefferson nicks had an 80 year run and look almost new. In 20 years those could be the most desirable and valuable especially for eye appeal

Robert91791 likes this.
  18. Robert91791

The fine detail design of the state and national quarters make them more susceptible to early deterioration.

Inspector43 likes this.
  19. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

When I started collecting in 1948 the mint produced the Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter and Half Dollar in Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco. Then you could get the proof set for $2.10. And, you could get the Mint Set if you liked. But, you didn't need it just to get the complete year set.

Then, with the on-set of the State Quarters and Gold Dollars of various types, the mint started making what I call ballast. Throw in the variations in proof and mint state features (Proof, Reverse Proof, Uncirculated, Satin Finish, Special Sets with special surfaces, etc. and you have more stuff to pursue (purchase). A person couldn't have a complete set of date and mint marks without buying all this stuff. All this in an attempt to make the mint money and use up precious and semi-precious metal inventory.

After collecting for 70 years I quit with all the new stuff. The same thing happened with the USPS and the wallpaper they are producing every year. I quit that in 2000.

You younger folks need to keep it going. I do enjoy reading your comments and making an occasional contribution. Plus, as I sort out 70 years of accumulations I will have some questions to post. Thanks for the help I get here.
    And, I did try to pry open the first clad coin I saw.

Robert91791 likes this.
  20. Robert91791

Man you probably a vast coin collection that you have accumulated for the last 70 years. I have only re-started less than two years and I don't plan to complete them all. I'm just accumulating some coins that I like and all will be passed on to my wife and kids. I have already told them not to sell them so these coins will never see the light of day for the next 30 years at least of after I'm gone. I have now accepted that some coins are out of my reach and I will collect as much as I can on any circulated coins as well from change.

Happy collecting.

Inspector43 likes this.
  21. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

That's what collecting is all about. Good luck.

Robert91791 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted