1964D RPM?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by DatDareNickelGuy, Feb 23, 2020.

1. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

Before posting this on my main thread a extra set of eyes would be appreciated. I believe this 1964D is a RPM. Tried my best to get the right angle shot. Some on variety vista kinda look like mine but not sure.

Thanks.

20200223_120655(1).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Yes. Looks like one...searching.

4. Kevin Mader

5. DatDareNickelGuy

6. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    DatDareNickelGuy likes this.
  7. DatDareNickelGuy

8. Kevin Mader

@DatDareNickelGuy Any chance you can post a few better photos? A closeup of the mm perhaps?

9. DatDareNickelGuy

I'm currently at work but when I get home tonight I'll post some better photos.

Kevin Mader likes this.
  10. Kevin Mader

Wait...you have a lunch break...right? Just kidding!! The community here is ready to help attribute the coin if we can. Don't speed!! LOL

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

that's a pretty kewl RPM considering how it's left and right on the left part of the D .. so looks like a D/D/D

looks like Wexler's 001 or maybe 006 from the little edge on the bottom.
    upload_2020-2-23_20-28-58.png

12. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Please correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t think this is a VV003. The alignment seems off to me. OP’s coin has a slight CCW rotation and the VV-03 is slightly CC if not parallel.
    upload_2020-2-23_19-55-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-23_19-56-2.jpeg
    I also don’t see WRPM 01 or 06. WRPM 01 has a distinct mark connected SE of the mintmark and a die marker NE . WRPM 06 is rotated correctly but does not have the secondary internal bar as in the OP’s picture and the OP’s coin does not show a SE RPM. I do see a faint split serif on the SW. This appears to be a RPM, but it almost looks like the west side the MM may have a little PMD? Hard to be definite with the one picture. This is interesting to say the least. Looking forward to more pictures! JN rpms are under documented to say the least, sad.

13. Kevin Mader

I saw the notch too (which is interesting) and was thinking it might have a hit on the face of the MM. Hard to say for me...just a bit out of focus and the angle affects the lighting. So clean set of photos should help the diagnostic out quite a bit. It's possible that it's a new RPM. When it comes to Lincoln cents, there are a ton of unlisted RPMs. Nickels not so much though.

14. DatDareNickelGuy

Here is what I can provide tried to get the lighting just right. Hopefully its a new RPM discovery. That be cool :)

20200223_222852(1).jpg 20200223_222835(1).jpg 20200223_222829(1).jpg

15. DatDareNickelGuy

I will have to break out my scope and take pictures with my computer. My magnifier scope connected to my computer gives clean close ups. But unfortunately it is a little late and I still have to post my box for the day on my other thread. I hope these photos help a little. If we are still undecided I can take pictures with my scope tomorrow to get some really close shots!

16. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Those are a lot better pictures. You may have a winner! I can’t find a listing. Maybe D/D west?

17. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

here you have a really BRIGHT light source coming from the right. Which shows in the higher reflection on the top right of the D and also the inside of the D (plus all the parts of the building).

If you only have one light source and cannot diffuse it, then you have to rotate the coin in relation to the light source so we can see what it actually looks like.
    Probably 4 pictures with a 90 degree rotation each time.
    upload_2020-2-23_23-40-15.png

Danomite and DatDareNickelGuy like this.
  18. DatDareNickelGuy

Will give it a shot here in a few minutes.

Danomite likes this.
  19. DatDareNickelGuy

Screw it!

It's late but I'm going to break out the scope and computer right now. Will have close clear shots in about 15 minutes.

Danomite likes this.
  20. DatDareNickelGuy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Alright this is the best I can do. I rotated the coin four times and tried using shadows and the light from the scope to pull out the most detail.

21. Kevin Mader

Ok. Some MD going on north and west. But it looks like a bar inside the loop. Nothing fits at variety vista. I think it’s a new RPM.

Draft saved Draft deleted