1964D Nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Mary Neely, Oct 13, 2018.

  1. Mary Neely

    Mary Neely Active Member

    Looks like mint damage to me. A hole in the face.

    Attached Files:

  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. NOS

    NOS Former Coin Hoarder

    No, not mint damage. More like it was used in a mechanical coin changer that was worn around the waist. The coins were held in place by a small metal plate that had pressure applied from a spring. As one can imagine, these were notably hard on coins. Such devices were popular until the early 1970's, which correlates to these markings typically only appearing on coins that were minted during this time period (or earlier).
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    paddyman98 and Mary Neely like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page