1964 Set In a Cigarette box

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GregBnCoins, Dec 26, 2010.

1. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

I picked this up at a yard sale a few years back for $2! I Believe the Kennedy is an accent hair edition!- Has anyone everv seen one?

cigarette box 009.jpg cigarette box 016.jpg cigarette box 015.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

Never seen that one, but at the Goodwill I bought a paperweight with a 64 Kennedy inside for a dime.

4. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

In the Cherrypickers Guide on page 275. One of the identify marks is the weak or broken lower left serif of the "I" in Liberty. The value then in the book was PF-67=$50.00. Check this element out. Good luck :)-O)

5. sgiorgis

sgiorgis Student of Numismatics

a dime?!! Holy Cow! You probably should have bought a Lottery Ticket as well that day! ;)
    Nice find both of you!
    Steve

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You want to look for the broken base on the left side of the "I" in LIBERTY on the 1964 PF Kennedy. All Accented Hair Kennedy's have it. There are two varieties. In the CPG FS-401 has only the broken "I" and the accented hair. FS-103 has a DDR as well with doubling on IGWT, LIBERTY, the date and the hair at the top of his head.

Chris

Attached Files:

7. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Wow! Nice pick up! The silver is like $17!

8. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

The coins appear to be encased in Lucite. If so, they would have little to no collector value (except maybe as a paperweight) but the coins would still be worth their melt value.

Draft saved Draft deleted