1964 penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cam2019, Nov 8, 2019.

1. cam2019

cam2019 New Member

I have this 1964 penny it looks very nice and I was wondering if it is just a normal penny? or if it is worth more than the face value? I really like this coin because it stand out from my other pennies.

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It appears that all of these coins have seen some degree of circulation, but just because this 1964 stands out from the others does not mean that it is worth more. The reverse is not really in the best condition, especially with that gouge below the steps.

To me, it's only worth face value.

Chris

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

All look they have seen circulation so yo me these are spenders.

Welcome to CT.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Absolutely nothing wrong with collecting what appeals to you.That is the great thing about coin collecting. There is no wrong way to do it. Most of us began collecting much like yourself. We found a certain design appealing or maybe picked up an extra well struck coin in our change. And next thing you know you are a rabid coin collector..... You enjoy your cents and keep plucking what appeals to you. Pick yourself up a Redbook of US Coins, start gleaning some knowledge and most of all, have fun.

6. HookFynn

HookFynn Member

i like the toning!

cam2019 likes this.
  7. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

That gouge might be a minor strike through. If so it would raise the price minimally, But if the coin appeals to you then keep it. It's not costing you very much. If it were mine, I think I'd kick it.

8. cam2019

cam2019 New Member

Thank you everyone for all your opinions, it was greatly appreciated. And thank you Randy Abercrombie for the redbook advice I will look into it.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

There are a lot of coins like this. Which look very nice, and are old, and yet are still only worth face value. One reason is mass production. The other, is the surviving numbers of this coin in this condition or better could be in the millions. I have coins like this, that I saved, even though it's not really worth anything. You can protect it in a 2x2 coin flip. Here's a few I liked.
    redp2.png 71md.png

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Start an album. As you find better examples of dates/mint marks, replace the ones you have. Plenty of albums available on the cheap at eBay.

Draft saved Draft deleted