1964 penny in pretty good condition?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by NEWBYCC, Aug 7, 2018.

1. NEWBYCC

NEWBYCC New Member

I came across this 1964 penny and it seems to be in pretty good condition. Are these pennies worth anything from this year? BF6D0401-A483-41BA-96B6-3DEABC527D14.png D93D82C2-D948-4F48-921D-35C49177447D.png

Robert91791 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Guardian of The Farce, & Dead-Eye Master

There were soooooooo many made, but it's ALWAYS worth putting back nice examples. They aren't going to get better.

4. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Morgan Member

Only worth a cent a piece.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Guardian of The Farce, & Dead-Eye Master

I'm 63, and I still check my change every time, looking for really unusually NICE coins, not errors, nice coins, and put them away. It's the way my generation learned this hobby. I would have that Philly one in a 2x2 so fast!!!! The Denver less so.

6. Kevin Dore

Kevin Dore Active Member

I agree. Although it's really not worth much right now, anytime I come across something more than 20 years old that looks like it was minted in the last couple years or so I stick it into a coin tube or a 2x2 depending on how old it is. I figure if it makes it as far as my great grand kids the will be very happy that I did.

7. demyhhh

demyhhh New Member

I have all my coppers In coffee cans

8. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I save all of my prescription bottles, some sizes are perfect for quarters, another size is just a little large for halves 2018-08-12 06.36.28.jpg

Cheech9712 and Kevin Dore like this.
  9. demyhhh

demyhhh New Member

Good idea Geezer

Kevin Dore likes this.
  10. Kevin Dore

Kevin Dore Active Member

Why have I never thought of this? Lol

11. LA_Geezer

Glad I could help. I just started another bottle for pre 1982 thru 1959 Lincoln cents. Who knows, maybe I have enough of them some day to sell for their copper melt value. Just in the past week I found six in my change.

12. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Well-Known Member

For those of us who have enough prescriptions ??

I use glass jars such as from : spaghetti, sauces, jellies, etc. to bulk store coinage for quarters and cents (broken down by decade). I also use one of those plastic ammo cases for all my nickels, dimes.

13. LA_Geezer

I have a Mason jar too, but I hope I never get so many coins that I would need more jars. I can imagine how bewildered my wife might be to find these on my passage — sooner than later based on my 16-per-day prescriptions.

14. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect for 62 years

I put my bulk pre 1982 memorial cents in the gallon container I used for my last colonoscopy purge.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Well-Known Member

TMI
    :yack:

LA_Geezer and wxcoin like this.
  16. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

Wait until you get a prescription that says "No Refill".

Cheech9712 likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Keep. You'll find fewer and fewer of 64's in that good condition these days. I never get tired of nearly AU coins. I give them all to my grandbabies. That way they can look and see which ones are the best. Now they look at both sides

18. Cheech9712

At least change to jars

19. Cheech9712

Fabulous idea. I'm a dumb ask

20. Cheech9712

Ohhh a fond reminder.

21. Toby Todd

Toby Todd New Member

I have a lazy Suzy or large 6 compartment tray with a large round center. When I don't have the time or feel like putting my coins in a denominational compartment at the end of the day they are tossed into the center. Going back later to put them in the different compartments. I like calling it a Lazy Suzy cause I get lazy sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted