1964 penny DDO DDR WIDE AM ZINC

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Salvador Villalobos, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

You might be right, but we see folks like this fairly regularly. Overly enthusiastic and blinded by it to some degree. We've all had a touch of it...but some have it worse than others. Some way worse. But unless a Moderator intervenes, I believe the community on the whole should give folks the benefit of the doubt. And by all means, if something strikes you or anyone else as being excessive, you can escalate the matter to a Moderator. That's what they are here to do...keep the threads orderly and not too personal. I'm usually disappointed by the occasional personal attacks, especially when we are dealing with a new, enthusiastic hobbyist. More acceptance and understanding goes a long way to building a better community.

l.cutler and thomas mozzillo like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@Kevin Mader. Well said. I too am slightly disappointed at the personal attacks on other members, especially newcomers. It has no benefits and can only drive them away from the hobby. I've always believed in the saying "If you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all".
    I also understand how some members can get annoyed by the same questions over and over but no one is saying you have to read them. :)

Kevin Mader and fretboard like this.
  4. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@Salvador Villalobos ...motivate yourself to obtain a Yeoman Red Book, then when you find a coin you need info on, research it first.

Another really great idea for you is to use key words here at the Coin Talk forums to find threads pertaining to coins you have questions about...then you can learn and become a better collector.

Go to lincolncentresource.com for info on large and small dates.

Stay away from YouTube as a source for coin info. It is notoriously ambiguous or downright incorrect...imo...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted