1964-P Roosevelt Dime w/ Clashed Hot Lips

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by OcalaFlorida, Dec 29, 2014.

1. OcalaFlorida

OcalaFlorida Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

I'll have to post my clashed '64. It's the same as yours.. but toned :)

OcalaFlorida likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't think it's a clash. A clash wouldn't eliminate the upper lip like that.

Chris

5. OcalaFlorida

when you match overlay to the clash on the eye, infront of nose, bottom of neck the olive is right there under the lips

6. cpm9ball

Show me a photo of the overlay and maybe I will change my mind.

Chris

7. OcalaFlorida

8. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

geekpryde likes this.
  9. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

There is definitely clash marks, on the nose, from the olive branch. That is a common place to see clash marks on a dime. As for the lips, I can't tell.

carboni7e likes this.
  10. OcalaFlorida

the splitting of the lips are not typical and the main reason of this post was looking for a ddo originally and stumbled upon this odd dime with split lips that was not the ddo but has a clash by eye and nose that is visible and does not match the common type.

my novice assumption is that this is also part of the clash as olive lines up

Also note I took into consideration the off-center of the coin and that it has a much thicker rim on one side and almost none on the other. And the reverse is normal creating a misalignment.

The obverse has larger rim by igwt and the opposite side by top of back of head has has almost no rim. the reverse has full rim by America and slightly thinner rim by united and the O in One making it offcenter but not rotated

to me it doesnt appear to be pmd, so if its not a clash could it be ejection doubling or something else?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  11. cpm9ball

After looking at the overlay, I'm still not convinced.

Chris

12. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

13. OcalaFlorida

awesome carboni7e :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: love the monster toning thanks for sharing

that coin is a piece of art clash.jpg

jay4202472000 and carboni7e like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted