1964 nickel with no mint mark

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by rosmantiger, May 31, 2010.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

There were 1,024,672,000 nickels made in Philadelphia in 1964, none of them have a mint Mark. To be worth more than five cents, they need to be in absolutely spectacular condition.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

1964 nickels are extremely common, unless in higher uncirculated grade they are worth five cents.

4. William Mahurin

William Mahurin New Member

What would the value b if they were GEM

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Technically it could be worth more if it is truly mint state.
    But there is a Catch 22. To be worth that price it might have to be graded,
    which would cost many times the realized value. So, skipping the grading,
    a really nice (uncleaned) mint state example could be worth .25 cents-$5.
    But this was the first mass produced nickel. I doubt there's much of a market for it.
    Although a nickel collector might want a fine example for their album. A dealer is probably not going to pay anything for it.
    If it looks really nice, but is just AU and not MS, it's a nickel. IT'S THE RAZOR'S EDGE!

6. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

1964 and 1964-D can be found in every single roll you get from the bank.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes but not in MS grade.

8. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I predict about two years from now, someone will find a 1964 nickel with no mintmark in their change and this thread will live yet again.

Then two years after that, then another two years after that, then another...

Kentucky and Lehigh96 like this.
  9. Brandon888xstar

Brandon888xstar New Member

As much as your moms house and your moms couch is where he lost it.

10. Brandon888xstar

Brandon888xstar New Member

You know jefferson rewrote the bible for himself it was called the many teachings of JESUS CHRIST . Something like that but i been seeing that coin listed in the red book pcgs for ms66+ 20000.00 usd fat ones my friend .

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

12. Jeff datoon

Jeff datoon New Member

How much 1964 proof nickel.

13. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

It would depend on the grade, if there is a cameo or deep cameo look, if it’s toned, is it aesthetically pleasing toning, has it been certified, etc, etc. calling it a proof doesn’t really help with this. A generic 1964 proof nickel is a pretty inexpensive coin, a dollar or two, but they can be expensive as well.

14. Val. G. From the B

Val. G. From the B New Member

15. Val. G. From the B

Val. G. From the B New Member

I have a nickel that looks just like that but there is a small D on the bottom right side of the Monticello. Is it worth anything?

16. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

That is just the Denver mintmark. Value would depend on condition but it is a very common coin.

17. Scott17

Scott17 New Member

I have a 1946 penny in excellent condition. I was wondering what it was worth

18. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I would say between 3 and 5 cents. Nice one to put in a holder to keep.

19. Teri Cox

Teri Cox New Member

Can you tell me if this is worth anything? Any and all help is appreciated. Oh I'm new to CT. It does have sharp deep edges. 20190916_123712.jpg 20190916_123701.jpg

20. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Only worth face value. 1964 was a very high mintage year and this one has a lot of damage. The circular rings are damage if you were asking about them.

21. Spiveyspangler

Spiveyspangler New Member

I have a 1964 no mint mark nickel with traces of the steps on both side of the Monticello building. Did all the 1964 p nickels have those steps?

Draft saved Draft deleted