1964 Morgan Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mkm5, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

This is exactly what you said...
    Those dies aren't reproductions nor do they have anything to do with Dan Carr.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the video just in general.

4. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Stop... just stop... both of you

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  5. potty dollar 1878

tell that to him/her.

6. Pickin and Grinin

There is no need to take it personal. If you read past the Carr refference. You will see that I tried to help with what a hub is. and how it is made. What looks like Carr on the reverse die is actually Carb ll for the type of steel.
    Just slow down, take it easy. It didn't seem that you wandered off the topic, even if you did. I am still gonna try and help correct what was misled to others.

7. potty dollar 1878

Got a little screw losse i think I actually stated what your saying[.QUOTE="potty dollar 1878, post: 6586046, member: 114675"]It might be wrong since its 3 years old not %100 sure. View attachment 1264692 [/QUOTE]

8. Pickin and Grinin

[/QUOTE]
    Gotcha you think you know everything. It's not that hard to admit that you derailed the thread with the Dcarr statement. But oh well guess your not a big boy yet.:(

DarkRage666 likes this.
  9. potty dollar 1878

? I was talking about when you said i took it to personal.and it was related sure there was nothing about dan carr as I stated before and wasn't talking about the video!!! but those are silver reproductions of morgan dollars which all I was saying.

10. DarkRage666

Just stop making excuses and move on with your life. Thank you!:stop:

11. potty dollar 1878

did you read this?obviously you didn't

12. potty dollar 1878

No excuses how much times do I have to say that i wasn't reffering to the dam video about dan carr!!! I was just explaining how the video is about the reprocessed silver dollars like Dan carr makes as a comparison there both are very similar but of course not made %100 the same

13. DarkRage666

And you're still continuing... do you not know what the word "STOP" means? Here's the definition
    Stop.PNG

14. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

these Hubs (actually galvos or galvanos at the time) are the hubs they were thinking about using to make the 2021 Morgan dollars with. this is just the coin week story talking about the large dollars, and at the end, talking about those couple people that found these hubs at the mint lying around in some dark corner for the last 50 years where they thought they were destroyed with all the others.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/1964-morgan-dollars-may-have-been-struck-by-mint.html

2015, this is when the tooling was found and then the idea was started to be kicked around at some point after to make them both for a year in 2021, without having to "remake" hubs and master dies beyond just fixing the date on them. they can use these to stay true to the design, and not have to start completely over from scratch.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Mkm5 likes this.
  15. bud250r

bud250r Active Member

Young whippersnappers.
    Gotta love em.

Evan Saltis and Mkm5 like this.
  16. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

@potty dollar 1878 and @DarkRage666 -

i understand its a little hard sometimes but lets hold ourselves back here.
    not worth arguing, don't take it so hard all the time. I mean I was 16 like both of you and I understand but really, just learn what you can and scroll by. Many times in your life you will just have to shut up and deal with it.

the mouthy ones are the ones who don't get too far.

and @Mkm5 - I skimmed the video but apologize for helping to derail your thread. it is an interesting topic, just hoping I can get ahold of the 2021!

Mkm5 likes this.
  17. DarkRage666

I had no part in the arguing... Sometimes Potty needs to be set straight and sometimes it takes a bit of getting mean for him to stop... And it worked didn't it?

18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Yeah! Best Answer! Keep 'em guessing and confused because they will never really want to learn how the whole system works if it does not come in a three word tweet. My hat is off to you P&G.

expat likes this.
  19. potty dollar 1878

I do want to learn sorry I went so ballistic congratulations P&G And Tommy I do want to learn and I have you don't want to blow up another nuke or do you?I'm done with this thread and have calmed down.

20. potty dollar 1878

old farts gotta hate them at times but they do help and are here to teach and educate the young which I do have respect for that.

21. potty dollar 1878

your welcome for the best answer if i didn't say what i did this would've never existed :):)

Draft saved Draft deleted