1964 Lincoln, was wondering

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tski90, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Tski90

Tski90 Active Member

So I have seen some youtube videos where people that sound knowledgable posted videos saying that there are some common date cents that have gone for a substantial amount of money based on condition. Non error coins just coins found in jars or rolls. For instance I have been through what seems like hundreds of thousands of Lincoln cent coin rolls searching for errors and as I did I saved what I thought were the most prestine ones. Like this 1964. Is there a place that will go through these with me and make a determination on if I should send them in to be graded. I have read through the grading companies requirements and I am confused. Yes it is baffling. The more I read over it the more the less I unserstood. Say I wasnt worried about the cost so much to send them, if I pay a dealer will they tell me if it is worth sending in? Picture_20184406124425.jpg Picture_20184506124502.jpg

Mike185 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Most dealers will tell you for free. If the grading companies fee for grading coins is higher than the coins value it is not worth getting graded.

Tski90 likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

While nice looking it's not worth the cost of grading. The best advice I can give is stop watching those Utube videos. Talk to your LCS. They will be more valuable.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. Tski90

Tski90 Active Member

Thank you very much. I was thinking of sending them in bulk (which I vaguely remember seeing as an option) I will look into pricing again. Have a great day. MTFBWY

6. Tski90

Tski90 Active Member

HaHa, I believe I will. I will have to check on the claims that a common date went for $3,000 because of the condition. I had thought that maybe the stories need to be followed up on. I could have sworn I had seen a couple surprising auction sales where common, non remarkable dates had sold for big cash, I most likely misunderstood. Thank you for your repl.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  7. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I’m sure you didn’t misunderstand, you were mislead by whatever YouTuber you were watching.

8. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

High grade common date coins are very, very rarely found in rolls. Much better searching for varieties/errors than those.

9. Tski90

Tski90 Active Member

Thank you! Yes my purpose was finding variety and error coins. It was jard to pass up coins that have no marks for some reason. Lol

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You can get some wildly toned (common stuff) that certain 'fools' will pay moon money for.

Draft saved Draft deleted