1964 Lincoln cents

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by joshuacoinington, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

No. A true double die is more pronounced. Here are a few examples.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You do have the Large Date variety. It's not even worth $1.00 in MS-65. The Liberty DD is from another year.

4. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Reading the error coin forum has broken my snark generator.

I feel stupider.

5. joshuacoinington

joshuacoinington glade rd

That's what I thought, I shut talk know it alls down

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

7. joshuacoinington

it doesn't matter how much something is worth when you are saying it's something that it isn't, I never said they were worth a million dollars,so there I proved my point, I'll move on to the next forum where my intelligence level might actually be matched, there are a few of you guys who need to straighten this out and weed out the true morons, and keep them from ruining a young man like me from being a successful numismatic expert, is there any chats for I.Q. best 120 I almost listened to you people glad I figured out y'all are just ttrying to make others look stupid. I should have known better

8. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Frankly, you are doing this yourself. The forum just points it out to you and tries to explain what you should do to stop looking stupid.

tomfiggy likes this.
  9. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Nope, we are simply saying that they are NOT DDO's.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You asked and we answered. Examples were provided as well as links to help educate you in this area of collecting. I'm sorry you feel this way. It's not our fault you don't have what you think is a DDO.

Andrew Snovell likes this.
  12. Andrew Snovell

Andrew Snovell Active Member

Nope!

13. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

This is a 1970-s DDO. Yours arent DD ...again. Pretty sure everyone has been posting resourceful links for you to go on too so you can realize what is ,and what isn't a dd. Obviously you still don't know

Attached Files:

14. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

1972 ddo

Attached Files:

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Yes, the photoshots are not good enough for most people to evaluate. I don't like to say anything as most do not have sufficient funds to do better, but as you implied you were well paid, I will say that if you wish to stay in the error field invest in a capable photo setup. Here is a 1963 D DDO-001 of mine. No doubting.

[​IMG]

joshuacoinington and Lisa1980 like this.
  16. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

after i drink a 6 pack, just might see the doubling.

Jdiablo30 likes this.
  17. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

18. Lisa1980

Lisa1980 Member

This has to be a joke post...

Jdiablo30 and joshuacoinington like this.
  19. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Well it does seem rigged to a newcomer. At first you find all kinds of amazing looking MD and you believe you really have something valuable. Then you find out there are only a certain number of "real" DDO/DDR's that the coin community has approved, and you don't have one.. I can see getting mad... haha but you still don't have the coin....

20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm glad that you get paid. That's a good thing in this hobby. The first few images you posted are nice and make it easy to tell that they are not Doubled die coins.
    The images of the 1970 S cents are not as good. Both are large dates. Can't see anything in the images to make me think they are doubled die coins.
    Open your mind josh. Folks here have gave you good information to learn from. The links that others have posted will give you a great deal of help.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  21. joshuacoinington

That's a good picture, and is exactly what mine looks like in person I'll send pics when I get new camera tomorrow

Draft saved Draft deleted