1964 Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jjpe, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230321-164933.png IMG_20230319_105559344.jpg IMG_20230319_110326612.jpg are they serious? 300$ for a 1964 Lincoln with the L in Liberty on rim. That tics me off. Why do they do that? Flee bay gots the same thing. So that means I can get 25$ easy for mine.. blaaahaaaa. How can they get away with that?

lardan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Amazing!!! I've heard it said there is a sucker born every minute. Guess we were born on the half minute. LOL

lardan and Collecting Nut like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It took a hit and moved the L. If he gets that price I need to put my chisel and hammer to use. Lol

lardan and 1stSgt22 like this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

There was a thread not too long ago about the very same thing. I went and looked at EBay and there were pages of ads exactly like this. Just one more step towards the tarnishing of what used to be a great hobby.

lardan and 1stSgt22 like this.
  6. lardan

lardan Supporter! Supporter

I looked about 2 months ago and there were 3 pages of these.But, think about this. How many new people post here thinking they have a big time error coin. Pinterest is full of gret errors you can still find in circulation. I sort of think this is older than the internet, but makes it easier to check if you are rich or not.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Things like this is why I never look for anything on Etsy.

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Etsy has it's place. It's good for handmade items but the vast majority of it is reselling garbage. There are a lot of shady people everywhere.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There's two different coins there, one Philly, one Denver.
    So 2 cents.

10. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

As always you guys make me laugh I've learned a lot out here whether I can retain it is another problem I only got half a brain from a fragmentation grenade thanks everybody

11. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

As they said in Forest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does."

Before you spend $300, it might be a good idea to look at a coin catalog. Then 2021 Red Book says that the the 1960 and 1960-D large date cents have a combined value of 60 cents in MS-63. These two cents are a long way from MS-63. Maybe we can be generous and say they are worth 4 cents because of their melt value.

BTW the 2021 Red Book was what I had handy. I don't think that prices have gone up much since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted