1964 Kennedy "Accented Hair" Half Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rysherms, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

For the price of $22,000 for an “Accented Hair” on eBay, the only one I can find on eBay is for a NGC PR69 * CAMEO; not just a straight PR69. Just because the owner of this coin puts a price tag of $22,500 for this coin (PR 69 * CAMEO) doesn’t mean that is the value of the coin without someone stepping up to buy it for that price.

Now if you want to talk prices on “Accented Hair” in PCGS PR69 CAMEO plastic, the last on I saw that actually traded hands was back on 08/11/2011 for $5,175 at a Heritage Auction http://coins.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=1158&lotNo=4258

The price realized wasn’t just because it was an “Accented Hair” graded PR69CAM but the bidder and under bidder both noticed that it was the DDR-003 which is also known as the FS-802

I have watched a couple of NGC PR69CAM trade since for less then half the price that the unattributed PCGS DDR-003 did but none of them have come close to the $22,500 price tag that the owner on eBay is hoping for.

The chart that 19Lyds referenced above was for a 1964 (AH) PR69Ultra Cameo or DCAM and is a total different critter then just a PR69, PR69CAM or even a PR69 * CAM. Like 19Lyds mentions, it is curious how NGC comes up with even the price for the PR69UCAM “Accented Hair” Kennedy half dollar when no supporting sale documentation can be found. If this chart is where you are getting your information, it is not my place to explain how to read and interpret the chart either but I will suggest that you compare “apples to apples” and not “oranges to apples”.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Well that's what I'll do. I'll put my PR67CAM AH Kennedy up on eBay for $5,500 BIN and this will automagically bring the price up to $5,500!

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier............

Blissskr and CamaroDMD like this.
  4. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Blissskr likes this.
  5. MixtureNo79

MixtureNo79 Active Member

Well you have all ruined it for me now. I was actually about to list a similar AHK on eBay but I was hoping for $25,000. No way I will get it now!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Go ahead and list it with your BUY IT NOW, you might be setting a new price for them!

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Awe gicve it a shot! Who knows, maybe there's a whale out there with only half a brain??

Draft saved Draft deleted