1964 JFK (envelope with coin)

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Reto, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Reto

Reto New Member

Hello everybody

My name is Reto and I'm from Switzerland. I am unfamiliar to numismatics, but I thought I know how to google something. Sadly I couldn't find any information about this envelope with the coin (the envelope without coin is popular).

The small number on the backside below the flag says 0282. It's made of 999,0 fine silver.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

This is called a PNC for Philatelic Numismatic Cover. Combining stamp collecting with coin collecting. Perhaps googling "kennedy half dollar pnc" might lead to something. The number on the back is a serial number used to tell how many were made, let's say, perhaps 10,000 were made. Good luck!

coinman1234 and paddyman98 like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Correct.. Google - Philatelic Numismatic Cover. I tried with different combinations of Kennedy, JFK but nothing came up. Just a bunch of other coins. But it seems like they had 2 types of Fist Day of Issue envelopes, one with the stamp only and the other with coin and stamp. This one is postmarked Dallas, Texas
    cover.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    tommyc03 likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

However, it is not a coin.

It is a medal issued in honor of JFK.

tommyc03 and paddyman98 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Fleetwood, Artcraft and a slew of other companies make First Day Covers. The Kennedy issue was massed produced by all of them because of the subject matter. A lot of private ones were also made. I've seen those with photos of the family attached, then mailed to the Postal Service for cancellation. I did my own at the time. My Dad loved JFK so I did this to give to him. I only saw tears in his eyes twice in my lifetime, when my brother passed away at 19 and when JFK was assassinated.

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I do not know but I LIKE it......Boy do I like it...

Draft saved Draft deleted