1964 d us Penny was it printed over canadian planchet?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyrics, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's not the correct size or shape to be from a Canadian cent.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I'll be honest. You've already made up your mind what it is. No matter what anyone says they will be wrong. Take a Canadian cent and compare the size of the leaf to the damage on your coin. I think you'll find they aren't the same size, making your theory impossible. Listen to the knowledgeable people here, they know what they're talking about.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Let us know what your friend finds out.

5. coinsareus10

coinsareus10 Well-Known Member

Is Canadian whiskey a blend?:)

6. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

On the general topic of one design struck over another I have seen many over struck tokens. In all cases the previous design is easily visible in the areas of the new design that are blank. There are many blank areas in and around the design elements of a Lincoln Memorial Cent. Some token makers will flatten a previous design and then restrike as a die test. In those cases only portions of the original design near the rim will be visible. I think the coin as shown here is either a post mint damage or a struck through error. If it is PMD perhaps it was intended to be a counter stamp.

7. Lyrics

Lyrics Giving this one more chance with lots of hope

thanks all. he disappeared with said coin

8. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Your friend disappeared with the penny ?

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

What a terrible person, he cheated you out of $0.01.

However, if you still still believe you hit the lottery and all of the advise here was wrong, you can check the auction listings at Heritage or Stacks for the next few months to see if it shows up

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You lost nothing but a damaged coin.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Probably peruse Craigslist or eBay and it would show up. Though shouldn't sell for anything above face value.

or check a local pawn shop and look for someone behind the cases with a big smile, as they probably had a good laugh a short time before.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  12. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

I once found a Lincoln Memorial Cent in Canada. But it belonged to someone else. He took it to a dealer. I never saw him again either.

13. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

I am sorry that the OP lost her coin. I hope that she and any other new member will NEVER trust their coins to "some guy" they know. They offer to "look it up" for you and you never see them or your coins again. Even the crookedest dealer or pawn broker won't outright steal your property. They might give you a low ball offer but if they tell you they don't want your coins at any price you can rest easy that they are not worth keeping. Better luck next time.

Draft saved Draft deleted