1964 D Penny with one of a kind deep color and luster

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by General Coinroll Wallace, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Anyone seen a penny like this? Idea's? Value? These pictures only tease you with how amazing this coin is. Would stick out at you if it was in a pile of random varieties. I've looked all over the internet for similar examples and the closest thing that I found was on a 1964 SMS, but this has a business strike and it's from Denver. Possible unique transition error?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's just a normal cent.

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

It has been cleaned. That's an artificial look. Very unnatural.

5. just a penny.. right

just a penny.. right Active Member

Welcome yes if you like it perhaps 2x2 flip. Face value is 1 cent. I have about 5000 in that date and condiction.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Unfortunately, it's not one of a kind nor is it an SMS. This isn't to say it's not a perfectly fine collectible if you like it, but just that it's far from unique and simply isn't something a knowledgeable collector will pay up for.

If interested in trying to locate pocket change type coins with the potential to carry added premiums, one can always consider familiarizing themselves with varieties. However, it's not an easy task and there's little less financially fruitful considering the time you'll need to invest into doing so, but who knows...perhaps you'll enjoy it and in that there certainly is "value".

Welcome to the forum.

7. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

It appears to be a normal circulated Lincoln cent worth 1 cent IMO Welcome to CT
    Dave

8. More than likely. Just tryin to get some other opinions of it.

Attached Files:

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Fair enough, but please be aware of the fact that the experience of the membership here runs from the freshly new to the very knowledgeable. This considered, if one gets an experienced consensus, it's usually wise to accept it.

10. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

yes, many.
    it's slightly toned.
    1 cent.
    not really.
    it's not a variety.
    no.

11. Thank you all for your input. I wasn't trying to say that I didn't believe you all. (Guess it kind of came off like that). This thread is me getting other opinions. much appreciated.

12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I very recently helped a friend inventory and prepare to liquidate his inherited collection. His father recently passed and had been collecting since the 1920’s. The man loved Indian cents. He loved polished Indian cents and he polished a lot of them. The knee jerk reaction when I opened that box was “WOWZA”!! Only to be crushed the next second when I realized they were well worn Indians that were highly polished..... Point being, each of us has our own wow factor. Yours is that cent. And that’s totally cool. Thing is, you have some very experienced in the know folks here that agree it’s a cool cent. But it is simply that. A cool cent. So enjoy it!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    just a penny.. right likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted