1964 D Lincoln DDO Cl 2?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Douglas Ross, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Douglas Ross

Douglas Ross Member

I found this today and not sure if this is a valid DDO already documented. Wexler is a bit daunting, but it appears to be a class 2 die err. Could you err experts please pounce on this and set me straight?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That's not a Doubled Die.
    IMHO

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

No, that's not die doubling. So you don't further waste your time, read through this: https://doubleddie.com/58222.html. If there's anything you don't understand in it, give us a holler, we're here to help you learn.

expat likes this.
  5. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Agreed. Learning the minting process and how dies are made, is your first important step. Then read up on the difference between mint errors and varieties. Happy researching and good luck

eddiespin likes this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It appears to be die deterioration doubling ( Not a error or a specific variety, most call it damage). The obverse die was used way beyond its metallic lifespan and spreads towards the edge of the coin. On these cents, the L is usually very near the edge of the rim and just touches the inner rim. Also look at the In God We Trust. The 60's cents show a lot of this. Value is just 1 cent. Read those articles mentioned above, they help. Jim

GARY R COYIER likes this.
  7. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is not raised all the way to the rim like the one shown in the reference. Jim

CygnusCC likes this.
  9. Douglas Ross

Douglas Ross Member

Thanks for the expert guidance! Lots of homework. I was looking at Wexler before I posted, but found the specific photography on the listings there very difficult to follow, i.e. close-ups with unclear dates and mint marks. Do you all match the listing numbers in Wexler to your coins easily?

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not a doubled die. Looks a lot like DDD.

Draft saved Draft deleted