1964 D Kennedy

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cdubs5000, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Face value for silver?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

Yes, face value...for the silver.

4. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

You mean talk to PCGS directly? I'm thinking so too.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know how long you have been collecting coins, but when it comes to varieties, it could be a DDO or TDO or even a QDO, but if the condition of the coin is not the best or damaged, then it may not be worth the cost of submitting. That is the biggest mistake that newbies searching for varieties make.

Chris

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Buying the coin set wasn't the problem, the problem was thinking they came from the US Mint packaged like that. It's a shame that you sent it in to be graded with the damage that it has. That said, as long as you learned a lesson, all is good! ;)

7. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I would say, you got what you paid for.

8. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

I'm not sure where you got that I thought it came from the mint. Lol. Clearly you are not reading the thread. This crap is hilarious.

9. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Off topic, sorry. But can I ask you what book this picture is from?

Islander80-83 and cdubs5000 like this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I think you may have confused the issue by the comment you made in Post #3 and the image in Post #6.

Chris

11. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

All we have to work with is what you post. You will get hilarious crap when folks don't understand your words and images. Full images of the coin will be cool to see.

13. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

And, again, 15754673081873015322197200110147.jpg I will post full images when it gets back from grading. I said, and I quote, "it came from an uncirculated package"....I'm not sure how that's confusing. It's a "package" with an uncirculated coin, according to PCGS...genuine UNC details? I dont see the problem.

14. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

this was all together in the same envelope and I paid $3.00 for all 3 "packages". I never said they were from the mint. ...Just in case someone else is confused by my words and pics. Lol. I hope everyone is ok. 15754680589267304138794723687975.jpg View attachment 1032180

15. Islander80-83

You made your thread more confusing then it had to be. You should have posted all your questions "and all your images" in your first post. An "uncirculated package" does not always mean an "uncirculated package".

You should have said right off the bat; This uncirculated package is "not" from the mint. Are you ok now?

16. Islander80-83

IMG_0271.JPG

Good Cents likes this.
  17. Mark A Williams

Mark A Williams Active Member

I have collected Kenndy Halfs and have filled many books. I never saw any of the marks like the one on the hairline. Better and larger pics would help. Still a very nice find!

cdubs5000 likes this.
  18. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

Thanks! I will post more so everyone can see it better. Has been shipped, so should be by the end of the week.

19. greed ball

greed ball Active Member

I have not seen a coin like that before and was thinking it could be a discovery coin. If so it could hold a very good premium. Just my opinion and good luck with it.

cdubs5000 likes this.
  20. cdubs5000

cdubs5000 Active Member

It's definitely a unique coin. I've reached out to PCGS to evaluate the grade. Have to send pics via email back to get some answers on "damage" definition.

21. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Gimbels was a successful department store chain for most of the 20th century. I remember them from my youth growing up in Connecticut in the 1960's. At one time, they were a major rival of Macy's in NYC. They went out of business around 1987.

It wasn't uncommon for department stores to have a small coin department. Your coins are from a Gimbels store in the Pittsburgh area, a market they entered in 1925. Obviously, (as already pointed out) they created the packaging.

A little trivia that everyone probably already knew. ;)

ldhair, Good Cents and cdubs5000 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted