1964 D- EX-rare lincoln cent 1964 D "4 point CUD Mud slide" ERROR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by themansionshop, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themansionshop

themansionshop Junior Member

Please note that I only deal in rare or Unique errors. Please send your thought on this one. thank you

1964 D- EX-rare lincoln cent 1964 D "4 point CUD Mud slide" ERROR

Extremely rare lincoln 1964 D cent Planchet error, Major Die Brake x 4 cud

" 4 point cud Mud slide "

Please note that I only deal in rare coins which are unique. 100% guaranteed genuine. thank you
    This a major die brake, the 4 dot/blobs on the rim you see on the reverse are all taken from part of the rim/link around the cent. as shown on picture , you will see a slide or a wipe of copper which accounts to those 4 little hills or raised bumps/blobs , all those 4 cuds or blobs/hills accounts to exactly all copper portion taken aside clockwise (see picture) you will see a wipe of copper transforming into this little bump or blob. some force of some mechanical problem made this possible , the worst of it all is shown On the reverse. Some pressure from the printing machine which could make this happen. This penny was certainly not where it was suppose to be in the feeder for this to have happened or the press malfunctioned when this occured.
    This piece is guaranteed to be genuine
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj231/pierremares/ink2.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj231/pierremares/ink1.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sharon Bertram and Coinguy123! like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. themansionshop

Extremely rare lincoln 1964 D cent Planchet error, Major Die Brake x 4 cud

" 4 point cud Mud slide "

Please note that I only deal in rare coins which are unique. 100% guaranteed genuine. thank you
    This a major die brake, the 4 dot/blobs on the rim you see on the reverse are all taken from part of the rim/link around the cent. as shown on picture , you will see a slide or a wipe of copper which accounts to those 4 little hills or raised bumps/blobs , all those 4 cuds or blobs/hills accounts to exactly all copper portion taken aside clockwise (see picture) you will see a wipe of copper transforming into this little bump or blob. some force of some mechanical problem made this possible , the worst of it all is shown On the reverse. Some pressure from the printing machine which could make this happen. This penny was certainly not where it was suppose to be in the feeder for this to have happened or the press malfunctioned when this occured.
    This piece is guaranteed to be genuine

4. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

"guaranteed to be genuine" By whom?

I had to lighten the pics to make out what you are talking about but this is obvious post mint damage.

Richard

5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

In which thread would you like me to tell you that it is post mint damage?

The only thing that might be rare about that coin is that it came from a printing machine.

6. ziggy9

here they are lightened up

Attached Files:

7. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

No error in my eyes.

8. themansionshop

Guaranteed to be geuine by me of course. And a 4 CUD is not common my friend, here we have another funny man who thinks he got another same coin he seen in his dreams. Look , you find me right now a 4 cud similar error and you post it here right now to show everyone or else don't post any other BS ..." Obvious" ? !!! who is this guy? :desk:

ScottLarock likes this.
  9. themansionshop

wow, your'e exactly right, it's a mechanical error and for this error to have happened ///well it's rare or unique cause I haven't seen one like this before...have you?

10. themansionshop

please explain to all of us why you think this is not an error?

thanks

11. ziggy9

It would be rare if it WAS four cuds but it is post mint damage and nothing more! I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just pointing out the facts. You asked for our thoughts on theis item. If you don't like it that doesn't change the facts.

Richard

Alcoinsandcards likes this.
  12. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

I bet it would never make it into a NGC or PCGS holder as a mint error!!

13. ziggy9

"This guy" is someone who has been studying lincoln cents for varieties and errors for years. who are you?

14. ziggy9

Why don't you enlighten us with how this could have possibly have occured at the mint.

15. themansionshop

well if it's a post mint damage then it's rare as is cause they just don't get in circulation therefore it's Unique...don't you think? cause if you find me one like this than I'll be surprised to se another one like this.

16. ziggy9

"post mint" as in damage that happened to the coin AFTER it left the mint. Its a damaged coin and worth 1 cent only no matter what pricetag you would like to put on it.

Alcoinsandcards likes this.
  17. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

You asked for an opinion and now you try to shoot the messengers. If you want my specifics, the only error was when someone tried to take it out of some kind of jewelry. I am 100% positive that did not occur at or in the vicinity of the mint.

18. themansionshop

Look this is a mechanical error and that is considered an ERROR, double strike is a mechanical error such as any other error out there......so you think this coin is fine? you see them often?:whistle:

19. Insomniac

Insomniac Dime Nut

No offense, but being guaranteed by you isn't worth much. It very well could be post mint damage or it could be a genuine error (I can't say much one way or the other, lacking the proper knowledge) but if this were slabbed, then that might help your case, as opposed to simply saying "it's real!"

Also, keep in mind that just because someone cannot produce a similar specimen does not necessarily make it rare or unique, especially if it actually is just post mint damage. It might be worth something to someone who likes damaged coins, but otherwise it wouldn't be much. For example, I don't often see cents that have had the reverse removed with a lathe (as some have posted on the site in the past) but this scarcity does not make the coin special -- just damaged.

You also are asking people to explain why they think it is not an error; what makes you think that it is, if you don't mind me asking?

20. themansionshop

sir what you are saying is that some jewerler added 4 copper dots to the coin right? did this guy read the thread people?:loud: hello, I said that based on the pictures as you see that the 4 dots are all WIPED copper portions taken clockwise , look at the picture and see the wipe ? the missing copper ? which then rounded up to the blob? no...can't see it:yawn:

21. ziggy9

Rarity wise this coin is no different that one that has been run over a hundred times in the grocery store parking lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.