1964-D D/D

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by GeorgeM, Oct 24, 2019.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about this coin. It doesn't match the repunched muntmark or misplaced mintmark diagnostics in the Cherrypicker's Guide, but I'm wondering if a new D/D has been found since then.

Thoughts? 20191024_132018.jpg 20191024_132032.jpg 20191024_132041.jpg 20191024_132018.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in the area behind the eagle's neck, But you really need much better pics. Not trying to be rude,But these are horrible!

4. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Everyone's a critic... ;)

Trying again (w/ even with a neck closeup for you) 20191024_134417.jpg 20191024_134347.jpg 20191024_134340.jpg :

5. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

Try using a secondary light source and turning your phone flash off. You most likely will have to play around a bit with the settings/zoom. Also try picturing them on a white piece of printer paper.But your pics are still horrible. Yes I'm being critical,But I'm trying to help you the best I can. I think this coin does have something around the neck/head of the Eagle. Is it a premium? I highly doubt it,But with clear pics you never know.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

this is ONE instance in favor of cleaning..

with the gunk there I can't see anything

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, it is not a RPM. Assume the top part is one and the smaller bottom is the second, then the top of the bottom D should show in the middle of top one, and it doesn't. This makes me think it is damage. IMO, Jim

Oldhoopster likes this.
  8. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

It looks like you need to steady the phone; blurry otherwise. Find a heavy object about as tall as the focal length of your phone's camera. Placing your phone on the object (I use a stubby can filled with quarters) sets the distance and allows you to remove the wobble making your pictures blurry. Also, if your camera is good enough, you won't necessarily need to use a loop. Zoom, lighting and focus might be enough to capture the item detail you are looking for feedback on. If not, there are zoom lenses for a few dollars that attach to your phone and provide very good to excellent closeups. Good luck!!

Draft saved Draft deleted