1964-D - Accented hair Kennedy DDO-FS104 cross DDO-004

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by freethinker2016, Nov 7, 2019.

?

1964 D Kennedy accented hair variety. What do you think

1. What do you think

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What do I have, I tried to upload 6 pictures. Not sure how many uploaded - look at broken Ray's

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. 1964 D - Accented Hair - Broken Ray's - Straight G - Doubling of R & Hair just below 8 -
    1964 D DDO FS-104 50C MS
    NGC Attribution: FS-104
    Cross Reference
    CONECA: DDO-004

Diagnostics
    Doubling is seen on the hair by letter R of LIBERTY and on IN GOD.

Well I found this going thru coins over past few weeks. I tried to get best pictures I can. I have more then 10 -1964 Accented hair Kennedy proofs.
    But this coin is. A 1964-D - accented hair. Has all characteristics of the 1964 accented hair Kennedy proof l
    1964-D has broken Ray's on back of the coin. Aswell as having a Straight G. &. Of course accented hair , Might not be heavily accented but it is definitely accented hair variety ,Serif I. ,
    Aswell as. 1964 D - DDO-FS-104 cross DDO-104
    1964-DDO -FS-104. Cross DDO-004. Doubling in R and Hair below the R.
    . You can either tell me what I have or don't have. I tried to acquire best pictures. You can tell broken Ray's. You should be able to distinguish

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.

Attached Files:

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I thought the accented hair were proofs only?

2manyhobbies likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They are. OP's coin is not a proof. I highly doubt it is anything else that they claim it to be either. Someone needs to go back and hit the books...or lay off the sauce.

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

And you would be correct.

7. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

Agreed, Accented hair was just the proof coins from that year. Sorry, But keep looking. Anyway a 1964 Kennedy is a nice find,It's a lot better condition than the one I have!

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You are correct!

9. Yes me too I have around 10 accented hair proof varieties. This. Has all characteristics of that coin. Broken Ray's. ,the Serif , the Hair. , The Straight G

10. Right. I have 10 or more proof accented hair varieties. I know what characteristics to look for. This coin has it besides the Proof aspect. Why can't this be a NEW Variety. ? Again has everything but Proof. If you read coin world. There are new varieties being discovered and recognized. !! I don't think there can be an explanation for this. Again. Has all characteristics of proof variety.

11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Your pictures are not even close enough to prove any of your claims.
    Until you provide decent pictures, your claims are bogus.

12. I have more then 10 1964 accented hair proof varieties. I know what characteristics to look for. This coin has it all. But not a proof. And mint mark. There's no sauce being used my Friend. I don't need to hit the books as u say. How can you explain a coin that has the same as 1964 accented hair variety

13. Lol. bogus Ok. I'll get better pics. Then. Mr.bogus. Will be last one laughing

14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Better pics would be helpful, especially if you can crop the areas you are referring to. I've seen broken rays, missing hair, missing bottoms of letters, and straight G's on over polished die coins in this series many times.

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I have seen several MS coins with all the AH details except the hair details that the proof has. The hair details don't show in the images. I actually can't see the FS-104 details either. Maybe better images will clear that up.

Paul M. and tommyc03 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted