1963-D Washington 25c Error???

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by SSG_Gonzo, Dec 3, 2017.

1. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Here we are again, I have this beautiful blast white 1963-D Washington 25c with what seems to be some issues on the reverse of the coin.
    1963-D Washington 25c Combo.jpg

At close inspection, I believe this to be machine doubling throughout the Rev of the coin and possible RPM on the Denver mint mark but I will let you guys determine this for me since I am a novice in the numismatic community. Here are some images with the lights at different locations so that people can know that it is not just reflection of the devices.
    IMG_9345.jpg IMG_9357.jpg
    IMG_9347.jpg IMG_9355.jpg IMG_9349.jpg IMG_9353.jpg IMG_9351.jpg IMG_9354.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Here are some Black and White images of the coin in question. I took this idea after researching on Wexlers and realizing that he has a lot of images in Black and White. I believe that it actually helps in seeing the issues a little better.
    IMG_9378.jpg IMG_9379.jpg IMG_9380.jpg IMG_9382.jpg IMG_9385.jpg IMG_9387.jpg IMG_9389.jpg IMG_9390.jpg IMG_9394.jpg

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That is damage on the E and S of States. You can see above those letters thr edge damage also.

5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

+1 and add a very strong MD on the reverse, cool, but unfortunately worth melt...

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Yes, that is definitely machine doubling.

Unfortunately, the machine doubling masks any potential RPM and makes it really hard to say, without other die markers.

There are only 2 currently listed, and you're is clearly not one of them: http://varietyvista.com/09b WQ Vol 2/RPMs 1963-D.htm

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

"you're is"?........you are is?

Jason, I feel like we're on ESPN..........."C'mon Man!"

Chris;););););)

8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

My reaction every time I log on and peruse the "Recent Topics" list.

Draft saved Draft deleted