1963 D penny is this worth anything?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Knickstape7, May 31, 2017.

1. Knickstape7

Knickstape7 New Member

IMG_0264.JPG my dad showed me this and wanted to know if it's worth anything. Pls lemme know anybody!!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dog_pound

dog_pound Supporter! Supporter

Is there a particular reason that you think that it may carry a higher value? The reason I ask is that the coin though in nice shape for a circulated coin is really only worth 1 cent face value. The copper alloy makes the coin worth slightly more than 1 cent to manufacture but is insignificant IMHO in this case.

4. Knickstape7

Knickstape7 New Member

mostly because i have no idea about coin value thats why i ask but thank you for the quick response!

5. Knickstape7

Knickstape7 New Member

this video i saw online on youtube was about the 1963 D penny and that its worth a certain amount and at the end of the video told me to go to this site. So i dont know much about what i should be looking for in a coin

6. dog_pound

Lincoln cents are very collectable for many people but in order for a coin to carry any value or significant value it must be in mint state also depending on the year that it was struck and distributed from the mint. Normally 1958 and lower known as wheatbacks usually are worth more from 7 cents to 25 cents for common dates and up to a couple of thousand dollars for the key dates in Mint State condition.

This is a very very basic blush of Lincoln cents and I would recommend the Lincoln resource center website http://www.lincolncentresource.com

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. Knickstape7

Knickstape7 New Member

thank you for the info i really appreciate it!

8. dog_pound

There are many many nuances to coins and it would be almost impossible for me to address too many in a small thread. But other factors that make a coins potentially valuable are mintage amount, condition, variety, mint Mark, mint errors, collectability or popularity, date, and other factors.

If you are interested in coins take the time to understand how a coin is made both in past and present processes, read a lot, and ask questions

9. dog_pound

Good luck and welcome to CT

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You didn't happen to run into one of "Silver Searchers" video on You Tube did you? He's on this site and makes a lot of them for the tube.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Will you share the video with us?
    I want to see it and know who said this. Thanks.

12. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

The 63-D is indeed a valuable one in terms of the grade pops. No examples exist above a 66+, which is the only memorial date that doesn't possess a 67 or higher in the pops. I can imagine the first 67 might command a lot of money, probably way too much for what it's worth to most collectors who don't participate in registry sets.

13. Swan

Swan A millon dollars short of being a millionaire

Every coin collection starts with one coin. Keep following this forum and check every coin you get. There's a lot of great information here and people willing to guide you. There are no stupid questions, all of us had to learn. I've been collecting for decades, and since I found this forum I'm learning something new every day.

Welcome to the forum.

14. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Agreed definitely a start,
    @kookoox10 It is smooth because it was either a pocket piece or, some one polished the contact marks. Your 63D is definitely circulated.
    I agree with Swan keep reading, there are a bunch of knowledgeable folks on CT.

Marites Foertsch and Swan like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

16. Papoose

Papoose New Member

I have a 1963d penny in good shape

17. BARBERONE

BARBERONE New Member

UH YES APPARENTLY THRR IS A MARKET FOR IT

18. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Why are you YELLING? Can you elaborate?