1963 D Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Joy Matherne, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Joy Matherne

Joy Matherne Pro life for coins...

I did not say it was the guy I went to said it was I asked what was I missing and I do have a red book I may not be able to take great pictures yet but I am trying sorry if I offend you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

You didn't offend me. I was just trying to figure out why you thought the coin might have special value over one cent. Just posting a picture of a coin does not help figure out what you are seeing that we may not.

4. Joy Matherne

I'm sorry just thought there was something there I wasn't seeing took it to my local coin shop and he said it had some Doubling and offered me 3 dollars for it I can see it too just can't take good enough pictures to post them.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

From Wexler, here is the 1963-D, DDO
    I don't understand. He is offering you $3 for a coin he wants you to spend
    $30 to get graded? I don't see doubling on the 3 on your coin. And his knowledge seems sketchy.
    72b0fdb71dce328ffff828fffffe41e.jpg

Gregg702 likes this.
  6. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

Also, go sell your coin to him for the $3. 300 x face value is good for a common penny.

Joy Matherne likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Saw that one and liked it.

Joy Matherne likes this.
  8. Joy Matherne

I know that's why I originally said what am I missing...meaning what am I not seeing
    I received that one in change

9. gary hunter

gary hunter New Member

I think it has some good details like seeing all the steps of the monument and the details on the roof. you can also see the seated Lincoln pretty good. It looks like what I like to call a deep strike. I've pondered that the cause could be do to softer copper or the press being adjusted too deep or a newly sharpened die. If I had found it I would probably hang on to it a while. No dings either.

10. Joy Matherne

Thank you will do

Draft saved Draft deleted