1963 D Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Joy Matherne, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Joy Matherne

Joy Matherne Pro life for coins...

20181015_214656.jpg 20181015_214708.jpg Just curious on value

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

ummm one cent...

4. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

Why do you think it has extra value?

5. KingDamu

KingDamu New Member

She’s just trying ask for help. Isn’t this site made for discussion and help. Not - edited - who posely think they know Cuzz if they did . They would had given you more manner respectful answer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2018
  6. Joy Matherne

Because the coin guy said I should have it graded and looked at

7. Joy Matherne

Thank you

8. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

well, as my ex-wife found out, i am not a mind reader, so if someone puts up a pic of a penny an asks, "just curious on value" with no other information, IMO there is but one answer..

Kentucky likes this.
  9. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

I think you need to find a new coin guy.

10. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Joy, it would help if you cropped your photos so as to get a better look at the coins you are posting.

11. Joy Matherne

Me too but I keep going to him because he doesn't collect error coins and I posted a lamination error that he gave me in change

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Joy Matherne

I will as soon as the lighting is right

13. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

@Joy Matherne you can download photoscape for free and even round crop coins. Check it out.

14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

You don't spend $30 grading a cent that is probably worth 1 cent.
    Even if it was worth a nickel, there's no market for it.
    Coins that are valuable are rare, old, the HIGHEST grades, or contain errors.
    Even if this is an MS coin, and it is most likely AU, these common modern Lincolns which were produced in massive quantities are not going to justify the cost of grading. OK if it was an MS 69 that's different. But you are not finding a 55 year old cent in MS 69 in circulation. Whoever said to have this coin graded is a hack.
    If you like the coin you put it in a 2x2 or an album.
    You'll know when you find a rare or high grade coin.
    A higher grade of this same coin is worth about 20 cents retail.

People have the wrong idea about grading. Save that for coins worth hundreds of dollars or, a coin that needs to be certified as genuine.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Waste of time to even respond.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  16. Joy Matherne

Ok not a problem

17. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

Joy, did you find that cent or buy it from your "coin guy"?

18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Joy, the coin shows die deterioration and more than moderate wear. That cause the slight amount of doubling effect on Liberty and the image, and pushed the Liberty very close to the edge as the die expanded in diameter from use. I could be missing something as the photo is rather small, but I don't see any more. Jim

19. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Dear member since yesterday, there is nothing wrong with the manner of question or comment so far. :cool:

Joy has been a member since May 6, and has posted many, many times, mostly the same thing - common circulated coins where "some" coin person said it had particular value, then she comes here & asks a trite or terse question where we have to interpolate what she wants to know by analyzing yet another poor picture. And it seems she still does not possess a Red Book. :rolleyes::nailbiting:

She apparently does not learn from one coin post to another, & treats this site like it's Facebook. :eek:

Know what you are talking about before you disparage our members & responses! :D

Oh, one more thing: Un-welcome to CT! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Mountain Man and frankjg like this.
  20. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

And honestly, I was not being rude. I just asked what about the coin made her think it was valuable. Just guessing does no one any good.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  21. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Everyone on the forum has the right to ask about a coin and not expect criticism for doing so.
    Everyone on the forum has a right not to answer about such a coin.

So whats the problem? If you don't want to answer, then do not ! ~ Find a question you know the answer to and IF you want to civilly answer do so or do not answer.

IT is completely voluntary, even if someone alerts you , you do not have to answer.

I hope the posts do not have anything to do with Post #s, or Likes, those are silly things. Jim

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted