1963 Canada 5 Cent BU Rolls

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by USS656, Aug 1, 2015.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Any value to these beyond monetary? Part of a collection I am buying. I am assuming the original collector that passed saved them because it was the 1st year of the round nickel for Canada.

Canada Five Cent Rolls 1.jpg

stevex6 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

they have value...wait for other opinions...

jello likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

With a mintage of 43,970,320 Au -$2 MS-65$250.
    But again good luck with those mintage numbers.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

=> well, 1963 is my birth-year, so I love 'em!!

:woot:

Paddy must have a slightly different edition of the Charlton Catalogue? (I have the 2013 edition) => almost uncirculated (Au) = $4 each & MS-65 = $125 each (so, obviously they're worth quite a bit more than merely face-value, if you find a buyer)

"Also" => the other very cool note about the 1963 and 1964 nickels, is the fact that they could also be found with 180 degree die variations (finding an example with this die variation would be a total score => Au = $400 each!!)

... but what are the chances of that, right?

;)

spirityoda and USS656 like this.
  6. Paddy54

Yes Steve my Charlton is probably 8 to 10 years old now.
    I'm sure that the prices are a tad bit out dated. So you're born in 63....that explains it then..... :)

spirityoda and stevex6 like this.
  7. Paddy54

Now 54 was a very good year! :) 1954 Proof -64 Canadain  Nickel.jpg 1954 Canadain Proof -64 Nickel rev..jpg

8. USS656

Thank you, will be checking these a little later today. Will let you know if I find any with the 180 degree rotation. :)

spirityoda likes this.
  9. Paddy54

From the look of those 1960 vintage tube and the stains from the same vintage tape I would transfer these coins before PVC becomes an issue. I just went through about 20 plus rolls of this era unc. nickels to pick through them and returned the rest back to circulation . Some did show signs of pvc.

USS656 likes this.
  10. USS656

All normal

11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

12. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I've got lots of nice gemmy Canadian of the era that I couldn't even sell for half of melt when nickel got up over $30 per pound.

Draft saved Draft deleted