1963 & 69 Starnote Questions.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by NewCollectorRick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. NewCollectorRick

NewCollectorRick Active Member

Hello. I recently posted a thread in what's it worth but might have posted in wrong area.
    Value would be great but I'm really just hoping to find out if either of the notes I found are common or possibly more on the rare end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 20191203_102752.jpg 20191203_102745.jpg

Legomaster1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Finding replacement notes (star notes) in the wild is kinda cool, especially the older examples. I keep just about every $1 star note I find. Kind of an easy, painless way of saving. The OP’s notes are well worn and would be worth well under $10 even if uncirculated.

Endeavor and NewCollectorRick like this.
  4. NewCollectorRick

NewCollectorRick Active Member

Thank you for the response. I use them as an excuse to save anyways. Like you said. Cool to find them and just gives me a little reason to put them up. Hate when I get $100's kind of because I also feel forced to put them up in the collection. A penny saved though I guess.
    Thanks again for your time.

Endeavor and Legomaster1 like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Worn notes and not worth much over face. I do like to find and keep all star notes just because I can.

Endeavor and NewCollectorRick like this.
  6. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

To not tie up $100 you could always buy a smaller denomination star note (say for like $30, graded too). That way you come away with something without tying all that money up.

P461.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted