1963, 1964 nickels, are there any cherrypicks?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ksparrow, Mar 1, 2015.

1. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

I inherited a bunch of unc. rolls of 63P and 64P nickels, are there any pickable varieties I should be on the lookout for? thanks in advance for your help!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Not really. Might look for some doubled die reverses. Of course, there could be a tripled die reverse for the 1963. FS-05-1963-801.

4. ksparrow

Thanks, I'll check for DDR's.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I know 1964 Philadelphia is one hard date to find with Full Steps MS 65+ is hard to.

6. ksparrow

I have been saving all the ones that look to me as if they might be FS coins, both 63 and 64. Most of them probably aren't but I probably have a dozen rolls or so of them.

jello likes this.
  7. billy b

billy b Active Member

Yes there are ddo in 63 and 64p and d !I have about 20 of them. HERE'S ONE. Image313.jpg look around the nose' neck and hair line

coinman1234 likes this.
  8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

1963 Philadelphia also a low population for Full Steps.
    Enjoy the hunt.

9. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

There's a 1963 triple die reverse someone above mentioned and it's the only one listed in the cherry pickers guide itself.

10. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

If you find something that doesn't match anything from cherry pickers guide. John Wexler will check out what you have found. You could have a new listing for the Cherry pickers guide . Last time I sent anything to Wexler his fee was $10.00 but that was 2012 website has the link. http://doubleddie.com/computerthink is address but a fast Google will show his web site.

billy b likes this.
  11. ksparrow

Thanks for all the tips and good wishes, guys!

jello likes this.
  12. ksparrow

Went through about 3 rolls tonight, found about 6 like the one BillyB posted, 1 with doubled "monticello," and 1 with doubling on the obv. lettering. Having fun.

jello likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted