1962 Jefferson Full Steps

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Rick Stachowski, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It implies that his coin is a proof. The strikes aren't the same, we can also add in that every TPG 5 step coin doesn't even have hardly a hint of a 6th step, let alone a full 6th step. The dies used for 62 Philly didn't have the detail or capability to strike a 6th step.

Your Philly Jefferson is the best they get.

Rick Stachowski and RonSanderson like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

The biggest thing I've noticed at least on the reverse how on the proof strike the entrance on Monticello is very well struck

on the business strike Monticello is very weak struck

4. Rick Stachowski

If anybody interested in looking at this coin let me know I'll pack it up and send it your way

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

My registry coin is close, very close, but I have submitted it twice to NGC and they just won't give it full steps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honestly though, I think 62-D is tougher to find with FS than 62.

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I was talking to a dealer the other day about a 17 type 1 SLQ. That PVC can get real thick, and acetone won't touch it even after days.
    I would soak the reverse with drops of VC and keep it soaked for a while, may take a few applications. Just single roll the debris and VC from the surface with a Q-Tip. Get a clean Qtip after every roll. Be even more careful with the Q-tip as the luster comes back to the coin.
    That 17' SLQ will always be a corroded coin.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  7. Rick Stachowski

I'll let it set a little bit in the air this way the surfaces can dry off good to me it look like dried grease residue

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Rick Stachowski likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted