1962 double die nickel????

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MattK13, Jan 19, 2008.

1. MattK13

MattK13 Junior Member

Hi, i just found this coin in my collection.I never noticed this coin until now.Can someone please help me with this coin, i've never heard of this date having a double die.Its a 1962 nickel that has a double or maybe a triple die reverse. What would the value be of the coin????Its in about MS-62.Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jay4202472000 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tdec1000

tdec1000 Coin Rich, Money Poor :D

I had one just like it! It is DEFINITELY a Double Die Reverse. Depending on condition. AU to MS 63 will bring 25 to 35 dollars.

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

5. MattK13

MattK13 Junior Member

Wow,aren't I going to have fun figuring which one it is. Im going to get it certified along with my other varieties.The others are a 1941 large S nickel, a 1945P DDR nickel and a 1918P missing feather nickel.

6. Speedy

I don't mean to sound rude---but chances are that this coin isn't worth getting certified.
    There are sooo many DD nickels that most don't carry much added value. I've watched many go off ebay without any bids.
    The 1941-S Large S nickel is a great find! Do you have any pic's??

Speedy

7. bajablu

bajablu New Member

that 62 is a knockout. wow, i would love it and know afew others that would pay decent for it. very nice to find a coin you already have is someting like that.

very cool indeed.

8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Matt:
    Agreed, it sure looks like a DDR.
    Mike Diamond should be along to confirm it, but, I believe that it is a good one.
    As for value?
    Who knows, not as extreme as the big dollar items.

9. atrox001

atrox001 Senior Member

That is definitely a DDR…why don’t you guys ever try to attribute these doubled dies from the CONECA listings?

Larry Nienaber

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

A lot of folks don't attemp it because CONECA does not have pictures of the examples in their listings.

11. Speedy

Larry,
    When it comes to DD's....the CONECA need ALOT of help. James and I have talked about the listings alot, and I find them very hard to get around, and find what I need. The RPM listings is alittle easier to move about in, and a heck of alot easier to find what I'm looking for....but there are still problems.
    As Doug said....the lack of Pic's really has hurt that listing...

Speedy

12. atrox001

atrox001 Senior Member

Speedy,
    I think you better slow down some Speedy! The CONECA listings are a great asset to die variety collectors. I and most of my friends have no problems maneuvering through them…it is one of those things that becomes easier the more you do it.

Larry Nienaber

13. Speedy

Larry,
    I agree that the CONECA listings are great, but the online guide leaves much to be desired. The books that are printed are the truely great part.
    Also....I will say that it depends on what you are searching for on that database....if you are searching for Ike Dollar DD's...then yes...it is easy...but lets start searching for a common date Jefferson nickel DDR. You are put up with a lot of them, and without pic's it is very hard to move about in.

Again---this is just me talking....don't take it too hard that I don't agree with you :D when it comes right down to it....what I think doesn't matter at all ;)

Speedy

14. Chad..40

Chad..40 New Member

I also found a double die i think on the date

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hey, Chad, did you notice that this thread is 9-1/2 years old? You would be better off starting your own thread with good photos.

Chris

16. Chad..40

Chad..40 New Member

Lol your right i see.now

17. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The correct terminology is Doubled Die.. not double

18. Chad..40

Chad..40 New Member

Well thanks

19. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

20. Chad..40

Chad..40 New Member

Thank you .im pretty new at this and i guess i was a little excited obviously for nothing but now i know the proper term and its meaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted