1961 D Penny that has verbiage and date in lincolns jacket

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by William skaggs, Jan 23, 2021.

1. William skaggs

William skaggs New Member

Hello,

I want to make sure I'm not seeing things but it looks like some verbiage and then a clear date of 1956. And if anyone knows how I could sell this raw that would be great.

Attached Files:

SensibleSal66 and NOS like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Darn I was hoping to see something . Unfortunately the game was washed out due to fogginess . BETTER Pics Please . Thanks .

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I can't see anything from the photos you posted. Please post a clear, large photo of the area in question. Thank you.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Thank you , Yes please larger pic. of whole area ( crop /enlarge ) . Try PhotoScape or LunaPic ( free programs ) .

6. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Can't make out anything from the pics, William, but I do see "something" in the areas you've highlighted. This is the type of coin that either needs to be viewed in-hand or in a high resolution photo.

Bruce

7. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Just an optical illusion conclusion.

eddiespin likes this.
  8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Once I saw Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich. He tasted GOOD!

Evan Saltis and Robert Ransom like this.
  9. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Since it’s posted in What’s it worth, 1 cent

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You could offer it raw on eBay. Does that help?

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ha... No!

It's most likely damage causing Paredolia.

12. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

No need to take more pictures. I am sorry but what you are claiming cant happen at the mint or it would be on thousands of other coins. Someone could have taken an engraver to it or it more likely is pareidolia, as Paddyman stated, caused by post mint damage. Good luck and keep hunting!

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Probably just circulation damage. Can you please describe how this could have happened at the Mint in 1961? I can't.

15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Some people have to learn the hard way.

16. William skaggs

William skaggs New Member

I dont think so fellas took the coin in to a local coin gallery and as I suspected was true here is a couple more pictures it's actually stamped on older penny 1 example of a 61 stamped over a 60 penny and it was just the date you could see this actually has united states in the jacket and some other writing in different spots on the coin also I am sending it out to be graded just because of the value he said it would be worth on the low end of auction price. Thank you all for your help

Attached Files:

17. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Well, make sure you come back and let us know when it comes back. Strange that if it is struck over a 1960 cent, it has both the date and UNITED STATES on the jacket. They would have been on different sides of the 1960 cent.

Heavymetal likes this.
  18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You need to find a new coin shop to go to. This coin is not what he said it was and it's not what you claim it to be. You will be wasting your hard earned money but go ahead and submit for grading. I would ask that you post photos after it's graded. All of us would love to see the results.

l.cutler likes this.
  19. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Lol

20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Honestly, is it too much to ask you use proper sentence structure and grammar? I didn't understand a thing you just said in this breathless run-on sentence.

21. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Some posts belong on Ripley's "Believe it or Not". :wacky:

Draft saved Draft deleted