1961 Ben franklin Proof DDR-FS-801-013 -True Gem value ..?.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by freethinker2016, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Proof ? Cam ?

1. What do u think this will Grade ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

I tell you what I'll do. If you submit the coin and get an FBL designation I will reimburse you your submission fees.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

From PCGS....

Franklin half dollars. Business-strikes are intended for circulation and are not normally struck or handled as well as proofs. (Virtually all proof Franklin half dollars exhibit full bell lines.)

4. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Those pictures are clear enough for me to say with 100% certainty that is not FS-801 (13).

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  5. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

OK...
    Your coin may, or may not exhibit (show) the necessary requirements for full bell lines !!!

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You need to read the link that you provided for yourself. It clearly states that nearly all PROOF Franklin Halves are FBL. Therefore graders do not grade PROOF Franklin's with the FBL designation. There are talking about business strike or circulation issues.

I only need 6 Franklin's to complete my set. Only one of them is expensive. The others are very affordable. My set is all the same. PCGS MS-64 or MS-65 and every coin is a FBL. PROOFS to not get the FBL designation. Four or five members are telling you this but you continue to disagree with us.

7. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

OP please listen to the people giving you advice. Many have submitted to PCGS/NGC and or own slabbed franklins.

First of all get your coin slabbed and authenticated as a DDR. We have many newbies who come on here saying I found a 69S DDO, etc and it isn't.

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

There is a big difference between "acknowledges" and "grade as such". You can use a sharpie I guess. It's up to you as they will not refund.

Try this , go to eBay and search for "PCGS franklin half proof FBL" you get a lot of FBL Franklins , but no Proofs, all MS. Of course that may be just coincidence. Jim

10. Collecting Nut

No, it's reality.

11. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Several members have already told you that FBL is used only on circulation strikes and the link you provided verifies this. Your photo of the reverse is too small to clearly tell you do/don't have the DDR FS-801 (013). Here's a photo of what you claim to have: http://doubleddie.com/1159340.html
    Scroll down to WDDR-001 which is the FS-801 (013)
    Please send a full size photo of the reverse. Thank you.

Collecting Nut and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

This is to any new coin collectors that may be engrossed in this thread.

Yes, it is appropriate to be excited with your coin.

No, it is not appropriate to incorrectly argue with a dozen respected and well educated numismatists.

This is the method popularized by Edited. If I say it enough times, then I must be correct. In fact, no the OP is incorrect. Please do not follow this example.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2019
    Collecting Nut and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Have we lost him? He just wants FBL on proofs and the tpgs don't do that. They also don't give FS on proof Nickels or SB on proof Dimes. If it's a proof, then the majority of the coins produced by the Mint exhibit these designations so the tpgs will not add them to proofs.

Draft saved Draft deleted