1961 Ben franklin Proof DDR-FS-801-013 -True Gem value ..?.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by freethinker2016, Dec 13, 2019.

?

Proof ? Cam ?

1. What do u think this will Grade ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 1961 Ben franklin Proof - Full FBL - DDR-FS-801 (013) True Gem value .......?.. Proof ?
    Cam ?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It would be helpful if you would please post photos of both sides of the entire coin. Photos should be taken from directly overhead. To get a Cameo, DDR, and/or FBL designation we have to see both sides of the coin. Thank you.

MontCollector likes this.
  4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

No FBL on proof .
    What make you think it a variety ?

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

We need an image of the reverse. The FS-801 (013) has really bold doubling. It's also a really valuable coin.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Think:

You mention a DDR & show a picture of the obverse?

thomas mozzillo likes this.

Attached Files:

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I need full size photos with the background cropped out. These thumbnails do not work for me. Not sure of the DDO and there are no FBL's on proof issues.

9. LOL I'm sorry your 100% wrong they do have FBL'S having FBL make coin more valueable this coin is a superior coin no blemishes flawless glass coin and any doubling doesn't need to be like 1955 DDO coin where it super obvious if u got to NGC or PCGS you will learn things u do not know what your talking about this coin has full Bell lines dude I have such a large collection the doubling is obvious give u a hint save picture to your phone so u can zoom in better and see FBL'S
    So your wrong sorry

10. Hi

Attached Files:

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

12. Ok I see you referring to NGC
    Well PCGS. Does recognize FBL. I took a screen shot for you to read it's only a paragraph and your a Senior Collector. How can you say Proof with FBL'S. Are RECONIZED !!! Please don't message me back see

13. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

@freethinker2016 ... The men you are arguing with are some of the best in the business. Proof coins do not get an FBL designation because it is assumed that all Franklin proofs should have FBL's. Your coin is a nice looking coin. That being said we need good photograph of the reverse to determine if it is indeed the DDR.

14. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

You need to read it yourself..................The FBL term is generally used only in describing uncirculated business-strike Franklin half dollars. Business-strikes are intended for circulation and are not normally struck or handled as well as proofs. (Virtually all proof Franklin half dollars exhibit full bell lines.)

15. https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/fbl/ read 3rd and 4th paragraphs Clearly states FBL are acknowledged by PCGS
    And not arguing I'm messaging someone how in heck do u say I'm arguing lol that's to funny just stating facts
    So u also will know now that Ben Franklin Proofs are acknowledged

https://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/fbl/

16. Tthe word exhibit means to show

17. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I wonder if Desert Gem has mentioned that PF Franklin's, do not get the full bell line designation because they should all have them ? o_O :stop:
    I don't think your coin has cameo contrast, but is a nice looking Benny.

Draft saved Draft deleted