1960 p small date ddo? Help please

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Tyler Graton, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

So I am having a very hard time with leaving this coin alone. It looks kinda like a lot of the ddo I see listed on wexlers, but i can't match it up!! Idk maybe it's not ddo but looks like it. Especially in the 9 and "Lib" and also check the bottom serif in the E in One on the reverse, and the N in one on the top of the vertical bar before it goes back down. IMG_1826.JPG IMG_1827.JPG IMG_1829.JPG IMG_1830.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I don't see it

5. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

I think it's a large date. On a small date the bottom serif of the 6 points More toward the top.
    Kinda like an egg shape.

Tyler Graton and Rick Stachowski like this.
  6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

7. Tyler Graton

Sweet, I think this is my first doubled die. Shoot never thought I would be able to say I have both small date and large date on one coin haha now I just gotta find the match up. And I don't think that's the one @Rick Stachowski
    Looks more like this. But my coin has a longer 9 serif and it seems to have a different IN, in "in god we trust" in in in...>.<

http://varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1960PDDO007.htm

8. Tyler Graton

9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Dude, your post says small date. Rick gave you the best link.

10. Tyler Graton

What the heck??? I k is the differences to small date and large date so I don't understand why I even called it small date. I think I just made the association because 1960 always makes me think small date because it is what I look for

11. Tyler Graton

Well I did a magic trick. It's called make the DDO disappear. Theee was gunk below the L that looked like copper for a long time and there was also gunk making the 9 look longer. I am officially embarrassed haha. Took cardboard and rubbed that ddo right off ha
    IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

12. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Good, I glad you were able to make a correct decision about your coin.

13. Tyler Graton

man I wish you could delete posts. That does get rather annoying for me. I make a lot of mistakes lol..:facepalm::hungover:

14. Swan

Swan A millon dollars short of being a millionaire

Mistakes are all part of the learning. I know I've made some.

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If you find your mistake in a post you make soon enough, you can click "edit" at the bottom of the post in blue and change it, if the time has been too long, a mod will have to change it. If you can edit, and want to remove all content, backspace or cut it out and substitute a single character such as a period ( . ) and click post. It will not allow you to post an empty reply.

Draft saved Draft deleted