1960-D

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MCPark82, Jul 26, 2020.

1. MCPark82

MCPark82 Active Member

9F9D9814-6297-49DE-BC7A-264481799B1C.jpeg 1CFBF7FE-340C-4FD4-B4CF-ED5903278651.jpeg Nothing special I suppose, but not bad for 60 years old and plucking it out of change from the gas station. Even I don’t see any type of variety here, just good condition imo. Enjoy!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's in pretty good shape to be found in circulation.

Randy Abercrombie and MCPark82 like this.
  4. Bluntflame

Bluntflame Well-Known Member

Might want to check the MM for any RPMs. For what ever reason, the are A LOT of RPM's on 1960's nickels.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Oddly, I have noticed quite a few 50’s-60’s era coins in my change recently that appear to be in much better condition that I would expect for a coin that has been circulating that long.

Bluntflame likes this.
  6. Bluntflame

Yeah, I just got a roll of unc 1961 D pennies from my bank last month. Is it to do with the coin shortage forcing banks to pull out old rolls from the back of their safes?

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I really don’t know. I have been speculating that tough times have forced folks to spend what they had been saving. But that’s only a guess.

8. Bluntflame

It really could be a number of things, or a combination of them all. All this means is keep your eyes peeled! Who knows which of us may find a roll of unc merc dimes in their bank!

Draft saved Draft deleted