1960 D Penny oddity

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Carlw89, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Martha Lynn

Martha Lynn Well-Known Member

Playing ? ? Calling out three members of this blog and trashing them is not playing.

AmishJedi and yakpoo like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AmishJedi

AmishJedi Well-Known Member

"Trashing" them - wow, you give me WAY too much power & credit. Thanks for the kudos. If you truly think what I was doing was "trashing", then I fear your skin is much thinner than I had ever imagined.

I was purposely being relatively tame and refined out of respect for this forum and Mr.Weinberg; Mr. Weinberg has been a major influence and educator to me (his published works and presentations, particulary), personally. I take all insults & disrespect (intended and/or underhanded) towards him seriously. I detest internet bullies such as you and your friends. But, I do respect your opinions and your right to have them. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

The greatest thing about the Internet is anyone can type anything. The worst thing about the Internet is anyone can type anything.

Cheers - again, thanks for playing. It always seems to get dull & quiet after the Holidays around here.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  4. On Norwegian coins this is NOT an error, as it is the way they spell their word for cent (ore, pronounced oor-eh), and the O with the / through it is one of the pronunciations for the vowel O. Just as in English we have different sound pronunciations for vowels, for example, as in: odd, oar, and often, ode, the same is true for the Norwegian O, which in this case is pronounced as our English "oo" as in good.

AmishJedi likes this.
  5. Martha Lynn

Name dropping doesn't clear you.. This is about you and your immaturity. Myself and two others critiqued a coin. You critiqued members. Let's see you deny that ! I would not critique you, another member but for the fact you called us out. Remember that junior jedi. Some adult there, NOT

AmishJedi likes this.
  6. AmishJedi

While I am genuinely flattered that you have taken such a personal/intense & focused interest in me and my posts here, I regret to inform you that I am not looking for love here. While you seem to be a somewhat intelligent, yet impulsive person, I simply cannot allow any more crazy into my life, at the moment. I'm sure you are a blast at parties, by the way. Move along...

p.s. I will not be charging you the rent for occupying your head, at the moment. :)

7. Martha Lynn

I'm not an internet bully and you do not respect any ones opinion. Calling out three members shoots down that claim. Yea, I'm sure you are full of crazy. You got me convinced. No one took and interest in you. You called us out. Get your facts straight AW. Go play with your light sabre.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    AmishJedi likes this.
  8. AmishJedi

Nice last minute edit, Martha. That made me laugh, out loud. I feel we are on our way to becoming fast friends. You are starting to grow on me - like mold.

BTW: you spelled "saber" incorrectly - if you are going to poke fun at Star Wars, please do so correctly: https://www.starwars.com/databank/lightsaber

9. Martha Lynn

No one took an interest in you, you called us out. Get your facts straight AW. Go play with your light sabre.OK, done here. That's all folks. We now return to our regular programming.

AmishJedi likes this.
  10. AmishJedi

Well - it seems at least 1 person took an interest in me for the past couple of hours or so? I know breakups are hard - remember to focus on yourself during this difficult time. I'm sorry for your loss.

11. Martha Lynn

Okay junior, I advise you to engage your brain on this one. You have twice now addressed me in a sexual manner. Do you want a sexual harrasment complaint filed against you first? Or do you want a stalking complaint filed against you first ? You make the call.

12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that sees the OP posted this and then disappeared? I hope he was submitting the coin to a TPG for authentication. It could be members here scared him off, who knows?

Kevin Torpey likes this.
  13. AmishJedi

14. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Submit the damn thing to a TPG or quit posting the coin.

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

BTW, Carl has left the building and hasn't done anything beyond his initial post.

yakpoo and Heavymetal like this.
  16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

BTW, Carl has left the building and hasn't done anything beyond his initial post.

17. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

You can say that again!

adelaide888 and enamel7 like this.
  18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Is any of this really necessary?

19. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

"Doveryay, no proveryay" (Wikipedia)lol

20. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

What @Badger Mint said is true. Didn't you hear, "if it's on the internet it has to be true". :wacky::Dlol

21. Carlw89

Carlw89 New Member

Here are more pictures of the coin in question. Fri Jan 22 15-22-54.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-23-54.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-24-45.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-25-24.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-25-58.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-26-31.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-26-49.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-30-02.jpg Fri Jan 22 15-30-59.jpg

adelaide888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted