1960 D Jefferson nickel "Bar Zero" cud in yesterday's rolls.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Nolan Workman, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That would be a die chip. It doesn't extend through the rim.

4. Nolan Workman

Nolan Workman Well-Known Member

Re: Cuds On Coins Cu-5c-1960D-01 Fred Weinberg. I spoke this a.m. with Mr. Stevens online and submitted this cud to him and he said it was similar to the above listed cud and that it is a common cud for this date.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

That is a 60 D bar nickel CU-5 1960 D -01 and yes Considered a cud. Nice find...

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

HUH, my bad. I will look it up.

7. Liberty1913

Liberty1913 Member

I remember getting these in change back in 1960 and after. I had been collecting for about two years and wondered what caused the bar on top of the zero. It was not until a few years latter that I herd about cuds. At that time I also came across countless wheat cents with filled dates and and letters. At one point in time I accumulated several rolls of these errors. I eventually cashed them in so I could buy coins to fill the holes in my coin folders. Collecting was really fun in those days. I was able to fill almost all my books from cents through half dollars from circulation. I mowed a lot of laws to support my collecting habit. (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1960-d-jefferson-nickel-bar-zero-cud-in-yesterdays-rolls.304722/)

Draft saved Draft deleted