1960 D cent Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by merlin1066, Apr 2, 2009.

1. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

First off sorry but I have no way to post a photo. Just wondering if anyone has seen a 1960 D with "liberty" squished together between the B and the E. All the letters a clearly there just very close together.

Thnaks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

Could be a "BIE" error - without photos - who knows.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Merlin,

Here is a URL for a "BIE" lincoln. Does yours resemble these. Note that there can be a large number of slightly different appearance, but it will be in the "BIE" area. Very common, small to no premium to error collectors.
    http://www.lincolncentresource.com/FAQ/BIE.html

Jim

5. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

YEP! Thats it! Is there any value to it?

Thanks!

6. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

Not really... sorry :mad:

7. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

Thats fine, it's the FIRST error I've ever found!

Thanks Everybody!

8. desertgem

Especially with 1960-D lincolns. I have been going ( slowly I must say) through some bank rolls of the small dates and I have dozens and dozens. I keep those that are really strong.

Jim

9. coop

coop Senior Member

Jim Watch for this one.
    [​IMG]

10. desertgem

Thanks Coop.

That is the one I am actually looking for, but haven't found one in a roll yet, but I still have over 20 rolls to look through. I do have several of them (FS025.5) from obtaining over the years and I need to get them slabbed. Of the modern Lincolns, it comes right after the 55/55, 72/72 and before the 83,84 and 95 DD. Just my love of course.

Jim

11. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

Nice shot Coop! That's one of my favorites as well...one of the most dramatic re-hubbings of a modern US coin, plus that RPM thrown in too. :thumb: I'm quite surprised this one actually was struck in quantity, given how noticeable it is.

12. desertgem

Sigh,, I do wish we could somehow tell how many were struck. Seems like there are fewer around than a normal die run. CPG says URS-9 (126-250), but I believe it is at least 1000 or more. I have only seen a few that are less than BU.

Jim

13. coop

coop Senior Member

Quote: Desertgem wrote:I do have several of them (FS025.5)

I don't have the cherry pickers guide or know which one that is? If the rolls were acquired at the same time from the same source, you may find that you are seeing the same coins from the same dies. If the wrappers are different then they could be from different dies. I got a bag of 1964 Plain cents that had nothing of any variety in them. Just some spotted uncirculated cents. So you never know what you will find.

14. desertgem

Coop,
    I apologize for such a poorly constructed answer. I purchased about 25 "OBW" rolls of 1960-D small date. I suspect someone had a rolling machine as they didn't have the same rim toning and different levels of die lines.

I have been collecting the 1960 D/D RPM -100, smDate/Lg date which in the old CPG was FS 025.5 for some time, but never found one in a roll. That is why I purchased the 25 rolls, to look for one the hard way. But not yet. A lot of various RPMs,but no biggies.

My last posting about the # of 1960 D/D Rpm-100.S/L was based on the speculations of the Cherry Pickers Guide.

Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted