1959 Penny posable wrong metal?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Dave Boecking, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Dave Boecking

Dave Boecking New Member

This 1959 penny dose not lot right.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Look like copper to me , as there has been no reports of someone finding one made from some other metal in the last 57 years. If it is you will probily find it to be counterfiet.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

just stained.

5. GoldenSilver

GoldenSilver New Member

It's just regular copper with some off coloring, nothing worth extra cash, sorry for the disappointment.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well there have been silver ones struck on dime planchets.

Paul M. and paddyman98 like this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sure there has! Plenty of them. There are different types. Off Metal, Transitional Errors, Wrong stock, and Planchets intended for other countries.
    Here is an example.
    This one is on Ebay at the moment...http://www.ebay.com/itm/NGC-1c-1971...462283?hash=item43f44c7d0b:g:yfAAAOSwPhdVNS~p
    1971.JPG

Paul M. likes this.
  8. paddyman98

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

10. paddyman98

You are welcome!
    1959.JPG

alurid likes this.
  11. paddyman98

12. paddyman98

13. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

14. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Hi Dave, I appologize for my misleading / incorrect post. As you can see there are such coins out there. So please dont let anything I posted deter you from your search.

15. paddyman98

I don't ever want to prove anybody wrong. I like to share my knowledge with everyone. 30+ years of collecting error coins and reading tons of coin magazines, numismatic newspaper articles, books and web searches have helped me to find mass amounts of info.
    At a coin show here in NYC I sat down and met with Fred Weinberg, a leading expert in error coins and one of our talks was the famous 1959 Cent with a Wheat Reverse.. as you know it was the first year of the Memorial Reverse, His opinion was that it was a fake. There are so many oddities/errors/varieties out there and my goal is to continue learning and sharing with you. I'm no expert but I know enough to find the best answer!
    Here I am with Fred! :rolleyes:
    Fred Weinberg.jpg

alurid likes this.
  16. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Thanks Paddyman98 , It's people like you that I need to help me be a better person and coin collector. I would give you a BA but I'm not the OP, And we sort of got of subject.:writer:

paddyman98 likes this.
  17. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yeah, it's isn't that we want to prove someone wrong, we just want to make sure that people get correct information so they don't have to unlearn things later.

Draft saved Draft deleted