1959 Lincoln DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RBurk, May 24, 2021.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Class 8 & 9 can only be found from the single squeeze era . In 1959 there was no single squeeze ...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Funniest part I want to see an image of the reverse . Could be something going on there, never know without images ...

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Rick, I've always respected your opinions and knowledge. That is more than I can say for others.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

I didn't know that! "God only Knows".....really? It sounds appropriate. See, Sam. I don't mind admitting when I miss something.

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

What did I say in that comment in reference to you, you egocentric smart ass?

7. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

I agree with Sam - Class VIII. These occurred ahead of the single-squeeze era. We see it often enough in Lincoln Cents (LMCs seem particularly subject to them), but other denominations and series have them.

SamCoin likes this.
  8. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Where can I find this information? Thanks

9. SamCoin

SamCoin Active Member

10. SamCoin

SamCoin Active Member

Class VIII is tilted hub doubling, not "god only knows." Check the link I gave to wexler's site, there seems to be a lot of misinformation around here between this and people mistakenly thinking that Class VIII doubled dies only appear on single squeeze era dies.

11. Rick Stachowski

I just did some reading and found out class 8 can also be found in the multi hubbing to not just single squeeze ...

Kevin Mader, SamCoin and Danomite like this.
  12. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

I get what you're saying, but both T's in TRUST have many examples where only one of the T's (not other letters) have some sort of minor doubling. And no, I'm only talking about the right side, the left did not catch my attention. To me, it looks like one of those fairly common T doubles, though I could believe a die chip as well. Either way, I'm aware it's minor. Thanks for all of the input guys!

13. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

Okay, as the OP, I have to say that the T shown in the last link does seem similar to mine, at least in the context of many examples I've seen of T doubling in the past. There are many examples of similar T's, and yes, they take a number of formats. It's examples similar to the example T in the link that made me question it in the first place.

14. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

I think you're looking at the left side, not the upper right. Not flat, not shelf like.

15. cpm9ball

Next time, you should be more specific! You didn't say which part of the "T" in your first post.

16. SamCoin

SamCoin Active Member

Dude, you hadn't even figured out what he was talking about and you're in here talking all this trash and now you're acting like no one explained to you? OP might not have said it, but I pointed out that the potential doubling in question was below the crossbar of the T at least two separate times. No wonder you thought it was MD

17. RBurk

RBurk Active Member

Mybad I guess. I did explain in detail what I was looking at in a post below the original. Given that most of us know the left side is such obvious machine doubling I thought you would see what I was referring to.

18. cpm9ball

Well, DUDE!, you're pretty smart, DUDE!, figuring things out after the fact, DUDE!

19. cpm9ball

Yeah, we posted nearly the same time, so I didn't see it until it was too late.

RBurk likes this.
  20. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'm not gonna name any names, but this thread is exactly the sort of toxic trash that makes people not want to post here.

Certain long-time members might recoil and say well he started it... but that's bull. You're all to blame.

And, cut it out.

21. SamCoin

SamCoin Active Member

You sound like a guy who can't accept that he was wrong. DUDE.

Draft saved Draft deleted