1959 D penny..E lower than W..REALLY

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jay Nichols, Dec 17, 2017.

1. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

THAT COIN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You weren’t kidding that does look like Jesus on the cross!

I AM VERY JEALOUS!

This coin is a perfect example of a no value coin being worth so much more than money. This is a coin YOU found and is priceless but worthless at the same time an error coin juxtaposition for sure!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols Member

yea I put it up on ebay at a ridiculously high price just for the heck of it, got no takers but really I was kinda glad about that. I like the coin and not sure what it would take to part with it. More than I’m sure anyone would actually pay. Although that cheese sandwich with the likeness of Jesus sold for 25 grand...lol Could probably find my way to part with it for that.. lol

352sdeer likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Ain't pareidolia grand?

5. Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols Member

as is sesquipedalian

6. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

Maybe there is a guy somewhere with a pile of cents carving little tiny Jesuses on the 'T's. It's what those people who write your name a grain of rice do in their free time. Probably not... but people never cease to amaze me with their weird.

Oldhoopster and 352sdeer like this.
  7. BooksB4Coins

Sure is, but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, how about this?

See stuff not there fo real..... better?

Like it or not, sir, the apparently offensive word perfectly describes the two coins shown with anomalies resembling a crucifixion and gun. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, nor is it in any way an insult, but is simply part of the human experience. Don't believe me? Take a look at the Connecticut state quarter.

Good thing I didn't use apophenia..... minds blown.

352sdeer likes this.
  8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@BooksB4Coins can be cantankerous, brusque, and contentious, but I wouldn't really classify him as sesquipedalian. Plus he does know a little bit about numismatics ;)

352sdeer likes this.
  9. BooksB4Coins

Flattery will get you everywhere.... :)

Now, if only I could get those damned kids off my lawn.....

dei and Oldhoopster like this.
  10. Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols Member

ha! now to that i can relate.

11. Danny Lowe

Danny Lowe New Member

The Jesus cent is very cool like you I would of kept it just for the fun of it. I have a few cents that have been (counter stamped?) like yours with the Gun. I found one with a profile of Kennidy facing Abe in my change. From my LCS I purchased cents with a pipe, cigar, star of david, cross, heart, and a peace sign to add to my token collection. Also in my change I found a cent that someone had punched a hole in the shape of a cross. They will never be worth more then a buck if that but fun.

12. 352sdeer

Cool
    Cool thing about my gun is it’s just a stain. It could be soaked off with acetone. You find cool picture coins in all mediums that’s the fun. You just don’t know what they’ll be composed of so you've got to keep your eyes open which helps for everything else you might find! Value is never my concern so if it’s worth $.01 I’m happy!
    Reed.

13. Danny Lowe

Danny Lowe New Member

Oh the gun is just applied pigment interesting I have not as yet come upon one of those. True value matters very little if you have a passion for something and it brings you joy. You make a valid point Reed, Life is to short to worry about what things are worth after all you can't take it with you. I could not agree with you more. Nice to make your acquaintance. Dan.

dei likes this.
  14. 352sdeer

Back at you Dan

dei likes this.
  15. Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols Member

I have to apologize for taking so long to respond, life and such goes on. I was not offended by your use of the word pareidolia I just thought it to be inaccurate. Pareidolia implies a need for imagination. If your looking at the Mona Lisa and see the Mona Lisa would you say this was a pareidolian event. If ten out of ten people see the same thing that rules out randomness...With this particular image the only thing required to see it is eyesight. Although I do admit it does look like Jesus is wearing Levi’s.... maybe you were right....lol

16. Real Slick

Real Slick Active Member

Saw this post went looking for errors and comparing plus I gained some knowledge reading this post, noticed that this post was back 4, 5 years ago.
    I was wondering why replies were more kinder. Maybe it's me 2024 anyways enjoyed post and replies

17. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

4 or 5 years ago we had seen 4 or 5 years fewer damaged coins that people wanted to be valuable and wouldn’t listen to the advice they were given about the coin.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted