1959 D LMC

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Newbie69, May 15, 2018.

1. Newbie69

Newbie69 Doesn't make cents!

Thank You! Any thoughts on the front of the vest? In my pics it shows to be raised and rounded ! Doesn't look like a die gouge to me..

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Nothing exceptional or noteworthy. You've already what appears to be a cool find as-is; no reason to push it, especially after all the effort you've put into this. Congrats. :)

Newbie69 likes this.
  4. Newbie69

Very true! Just happy to find my first RPM!!!!:)

5. BooksB4Coins

Indeed, and is the best way to look at it imo.

Kudos for trying to attribute it, but don't give up yet. John Wexler once told me (years ago) that there are over 100 DDRs known for the 64-D 1C alone, with most being very minor, but on his website there's only 44 listed and with no info presented for the majority of them. While this may not go directly to the issue at hand, it is a good example of how just because something is found on a website, this doesn't automatically mean it doesn't exist.

6. Newbie69

Thank you for sharing that quote. That's always been my hope as well as others to find something new ! I'll keep on searching and thanks again for your time have a great day !

7. Newbie69

I know you said not to beat this one up but I found this on the reverse and would like your thoughts! I've thought if this is remnants of a die clash what could it be. I have no answer so I'm looking for a more experienced person to have a peak. If nothing else I gain some MORE knowledge here. Thanks

Attached Files:

8. BooksB4Coins

This is something new and different, so it's an entirely new question. You also do have an answer and are right regarding the cause, meaning this is a fine sign that you're indeed progressing. A clash it is and kudos... again! :)

Newbie69 likes this.
  9. Newbie69

I don't want to get overly excited here but how do I proceed with this? Keep in mind I'm not it it for money , as I make plenty for my lifestyle.

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Even if it is all that was said here, on Ebay it might go for .99 or a little more if someone had better photos and agreed, but for most collectors, it is very minor , and for others probably they might disagree with the answer here, so they wouldn't be interested. Certainly not worth asking whether to grade it or not. I am not trying to ruin a high, just hoping you can continue looking and learn more as you go, as there is a lot to learn. Jim

11. Newbie69

Thank you sir I appreciate you taking the time to respond here first and foremost . But as a senior error collector you would have seen this before. If so can you attach such photos? I will also post any photos you have in question or retake better photos if possible! Not in this for .99 cents, 99$ or 999$ .

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. BooksB4Coins

The clash aspect is both minor and common, but is what it is and it is a fair find. The same with the RPM and is to do with as you see fit. It's your find and if you want to keep as a collectible, that's great. If not, that's great too. It's good you're not in this for the money because there little less fruitful one can do with their time than variety/error search.

I'm not sure what Gemmy meant in his post, but if you want to send it in for attribution (not certification) and what I've told you is determined to be wrong, I'll pay for it.

Newbie69 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted